Onan Generator fuel filter - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Onan Generator fuel filter

This is a discussion on Onan Generator fuel filter within the How-To's forums, part of the How-To's & Product Reviews category; I have a Marquis 5500 gold gen set and want to replace the fuel filter. Book says take to a
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > How-To's & Product Reviews > How-To's

How-To's Database of technical articles to assist those do-it-yourselfers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Question Onan Generator fuel filter

I have a Marquis 5500 gold gen set and want to replace the fuel filter. Book says take to a dealer. I have the capability just not the instructions. Anybody out there that can walk me through ti.
Thanks
Dennis
dljentgens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founding Ninja

should be right in front when you open the cover...squeez the clamps, move them away from filter, insert the new one and replace the clamps...just check to make sure there is no direction on the filter, if there is point the arrow toward the carb...

IM RICK JAMES BIOTCH!!!!!

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/imag...ers/468x60.jpg
goodguys75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

The screw on one behind the air box ? their's actually two one behind the air box and one under the gen box. pretty easy to change just remove the air box and there it is. I got mine at auto zone
Member, FooD-Corva-KampRats.com-Hooligan#385
jackxclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

I would maybe change the first inline filter, I cant imagine the second getting plugged up. Simple little screw on filter on the carb. Rv store wants alot for them.

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

goodguys75- too quick to answer without checking the model. That is why I spelled it out. Filter is not there and nothing like you described.

Later posts are right on! Thanks guys, I didn't see the second filter. Our local autoZone didn't carry the parts.

Please be more careful before giving technical instructions if you are not positive.
dljentgens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Please be more careful before giving technical instructions if you are not positive.
Lil Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Each time a description of the change, there are always lots of talk about it anywhere. These are not exempt. A statement usually find is the following: "I have to change versions almost immediately, so I do not get up to date I'll keep waiting target ..
Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

New filter will improve performance and will help to keep your generator free of debris.
Firstly remove the fuel line from fuel tank to the injectors
Attach new fuel line back to the generator, cut the fuel line in a spot where line is not close.
Attach line coming from fuel injector to the side where arrow is pointing. check that you have one of hose lamps on the line.
Connect the end of the line running out of the tank to the other end of fuel filter. check wheather the fuel line is snug on the filter.
To check leak, start the generator.
AbleSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Fuel Filter Change

Hi, I am new to all this but here goes. My husband and I have the Onan 5500 Marquis Gold on our RV. We know little about generators and no one told us not to let gas sit in there for a long time. We have cleaned the carburetor and are trying now to clean up the rest of the fuel system before we try to start it We have drained the gas and are ready to change the fuel filter. I have read the other posts. Any further tips? We are retired, can't afford to take it to a dealer. Appreciate the help. --lemondrop in Fort Worth
lemondrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default How to remove carburetor from Onan Marquis Gold 5500 generator

I'm very new at this! We have an Onan Marquis Gold 5500 Generator on our fifth wheel RV. The carburetor is gummed up with varnish and I need to replace it. Can someone give me step-by-step directions to safely remove the carburetor? Thanks from Ft. Worth
lemondrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement