Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

anybody got some Teryx seat time??

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  SSV Works 
#1 ·
so what are they like compared to a rhino,facts,not BS....I haven't driven one and I'm slated to have one in 10 days...whats the scoop?

#3 ·
I love mine. I had a rhino before this and it was pretty stock but was a great machine. I bought the teryx and love it. I would buy another over a rhino it feels a lot more stable stock. Has tons of power and lots of room for mods. Things I don't like no fuel gauge, front plastic is a bitch you get off, I would have liked fuel injection but it was not a deal killer. Diesel has built a super tough teryx so he will have some things to say I am sure.

#4 ·
I beat ours up in pismo a few weeks ago. It's been a while since i've driven a stock rhino, but... the teryx kicked ass. way more torque which seemed to make a big difference on hill climbs etc. I didn't love the knock off styling at first and the non-opening hood bugs me, but i love the performance.
Trevor

#6 ·
I will tell you next week when I stop in glamis after picking the new one up. It will have the muzzy exhaust, cdi and intake on it. Along with digital dash. I am so loooooooking forward to it..............:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

#7 ·
Well I suppose there really is not too much else to say...I love both machine, however, the Teryx has the adge with the v-twin power plant. I am sure I would have been just thrilled with either one, but I really love my Teryx.

Now I will say that the Rhino appears to be a tad more refined in areas like the cabin, but that may not sway too many buyers.

Stock I think the Teryx has a better suspension, it appears to be more stout, but again, many people change out the suspension.

Overall, determine what your long term goals are withi n...you will love both!

#11 ·
Ya I am kinda feeling like a trattor myself.:punish:

I Love my Rhino!!! I mean I would probably leave my wife for it if I had to. Its gonna take me alot to stray away from my bullet proof launching 4 seater machine!! What if I get the Prowler and spend 50k on it and i still like my Rhino better?

#12 ·
First problem is your attitudes all wrong... The prowler is like a mistress, you NEVER tell your wife about her that way you can keep both, don't tell the rhino either or the rhino will feel inadequate. a 1000cc is alot to compensate for:yahoo:. The stock AC with a stereo and long tavel... you have a fastest loudest SSV in the dunes. and 30grand to invest in real estate.

#13 ·
You know I like your style. I think that is exactly the approach to take. I am going to keep the Beast hidden from the wife and my Rhino. I wont let them see it until we can all go ride together. i have an image of my wife cruising in her Rhino with one kid and me Cruising my Prowler with the other, full family ride! Its gonna be sick!

#17 ·
You know Holloween, a few of us are parking behind my storage. We have 33 acres of fenced in space. There is a secret entrance for paddle tires. It is as safe as it gets out there in Glamis with the big crowds. You are welcome to come camp back there just let me know if you are going to Glamis. We should have a pretty good crew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.