Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Az Teryx Purchase Story

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  warlock 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to share my exsperience of my Teryx purchase. I started with calling Brian B and asking about his exsperience at North Valley Kawasaki and he explained how good it was so I made a call. I talked to the the guy Brian told me to and his comment was all he has left is an 08 Real Tree Addition and he wanted $10,900.00 and that was his best deal (that was invoice). I then called Dave out at 2X Motor Sports and he said the guys at Kelly's Kawasaki would hook me up. Initially they were very good and actually quoted me a good price and I explained to them that I didn't to pay tax and I wanted to put the purchase on my G.E. Money account and they said no problem. I went out to Mesa from Phoenix on Wednesday and gave them my tax paper work and G.E paper work, some comments were made when I came in the door that were a little unsettling to me, but then the guy said I was just joking and I gave them the paper work and said if there are any problems to call me, otherwise I would be back with my trailer Thursday. Thursday comes around and no call from Kelly's so I hitch up the trailer and head out. When I get there the Teryx was ready but not the paper work. So first thing the salesman says, my finance manager says we can't put it on the G.E. Account without charging you tax. I said we discussed this two times and everybody said it was o.k. he said I am sorry but there is nothing I can do. I had already givin them $500.00 down to hold it so I said o.k. how much otd with the tax he said $9200.00 (the price w/o tax was $8600.00 for an LE). By this time I am a little upset but I thought its not worth $400.00 to chase all over town for another deal I am here so I said tell your finance manager make it $9000.00 otd and we can save this deal. The salesman goes to the finance manager and he says no. I said you mean he is going to let a $9000.00 sale walk out the door for $200.00 he said yes I got my deposite back and left.

I made a call to Kenny at JetSki Unlimited he told me he had 1 base model left that he would let me have for $7750.00 otd with now tax even if I wanted to finance it. Then Kenny preceeded to tell me exactly how the whole transaction would take place and that would be in and out in about 45 min with my Teryx loaded and gone. To my amazement when we arrived at JetSki Unlimited everything happened exactly how Kenny said it would. The exact price the exact amount of time and he even put up with my 2 year old running around and sitting on all of the Jet Ski's in the show room. I make alot of vehicle purchases for my tow company, my repair shop and for my own personal vehicles and this was by far the most painless and professional transaction I have ever done.

I highly reccomend that if you are in the market for a Teryx in Arizona that you call Kenny at JetSki Unlimited.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your first story seems typical of most dealerships, and not just for offroad. Over the phone one deal and when you come in something is always forgotten and costs more. They think you will just take it cause its only a few hundred more. Good for you on walking out on them. :good:

#3 ·
I second this story...JetSki Unlimited has been great to me as well, if I would have known about them before getting my Teryx, I surely would have went there!

#4 ·
I glad you were able to find a better deal with better customer service:yahoo:

When they started the bait and hook trick, I'm glad you were able to get up and walk away from that miserable transaction.

I don't have time to go into a store and negotiate on the table. I've always done it by phone. As soon as I walk into the show room, I clearly will have the same deal discussed over the phone. If anything figures change to a higher amount, I'm out the door.

Awesome you were able to switch to a more friendly,honest dealership.:good::good:

#9 · (Edited)
Good for you bro .....Cash doesn't seem to be what it use to be....But it will ninjas, I have some ridenow stories fo sho....I bought my rhino otta oklahoma 9500 delivert to me in Buckeye AZ Came on the same truck with a lambo and a porche.....Someone call Altus Motorsports outo Oklahoma see what they want...I know they will ship for like $300 they ship to Cali all the time...I'll find the number..(9200 for cammo) (8900 green) + 300 for shipping to your door....

#15 ·
yep ,,, kinda forgot about that ....when i went to street legal my rhino , i had to pay like $700 ....but had i left it off road only ,I 'm pretty sure i would'nt of had to pay:p...any way I paid the tax when I was ready too i guess;)

#16 ·
Do any of you think Jetski Unlimited would be opposed to telling a Sacramento, CA dealer that deal? Phoenix is just way to far for me, I'd spend that savings in fuel to go down there and get it.
I found a dealer up here that would match any deal, but he wants to call the dealer. I think that's sorta chicken shit, but what do you all think?

#17 ·
Call Kenny at JetSki unlimited and explain the situation...he is a really nice guy so it cannot hurt to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.