Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Teryx Glowing Exhaust

12K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Unleashed UTV 
#1 ·
Some people are havingthis problem with there stock Teryx muffler glowing red and if you put the aluminum exhaust tips on them they melt off. There are 2 problems the stock muffler is restrictive and jetting. Here is a muffler that is less restrictive for $179.00.

See less See more
#2 ·
I took the spark arrestor out of mine, ran it for about 20 minutes and when I parked it, I looked at it - it was RED hot clear out to the tip where it bolts on! I can believe the aluminum tip would melt right off.
I found some nice used duallies for $175! I'mna try to pick 'em up!

#11 ·
And Exactly how long has Unleashed UTV known about this problem????? Cause you sure as hell didn't advise me of this issue last Tuesday when I ordered the Axia Alloy Tip from UNLEASHED UTV,and had second day Aired that lasted maybe an hour on the first ride saturday before I got back to camp and the Three bolts holding it on were all that was left. I have been out of town this week or I would have called Monday on this.

Apparently long enough to develop a complety different muffler and then market it to alleviate this issue

#12 ·
NO Bullshit With Me!!!!!!

I found out the same way you did!! On my first ride saturday night I was leading and Max Powers was right behind me watching the Axia Alloys tip melt off. Nothing like a little R&D!! I picked up the muffler Tuesday from Tim Kelly in Phoenix. Send me your 3 bolts and I will give you your money back. I will make Mike at Axia Alloys reimburse me.

#15 ·
Its All Good

No problem buddy! Trust me I don't do business that way. You should see all the parts I have bought from manufacturers that say they are good and when I ran them they sucked so I won't sell them.

Get rid of that stock muffler it is the most restrictive thing man has ever designed. Thats why it builds so much heat.

#20 ·
I liked how it acted as a third brake light...safety first ;)

#22 ·
Restriction

Just to give you an idea of the restriction in the stock muffler the stock jetting is a 135 and a 140 when I added that huge S&B filter to get it running good I had to go to a 155 and a 160 and it was still a little on the lean side. I put the new muffler set up on and it won't hardly run I had to order jets yesterday from Sudco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.