Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Mushy brakes? Air in the lines?

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fiveflat 
#1 ·
Well, I bled the brakes and they are definately okay. But then the pedal seemed to go to the floor even easier after I did that. I got to lookin' closer, crammed head up between the front tires and the hood and looked at the master cylinder. It's dryer than a popcorn fart! The damn service guy didn't top up my brake fluid! I have about 3 hours on it since I bought it (5hrs total). I don't think I can ruin anything with the system empty like that can I? I obviously had SOME fluid in there since it did stop for me as shitty as it did...

It's gonna a whole lot cheaper for me to run 2 miles up the road to Kragens and buy some brake fluid than load this thing up and haul it into the dealership and make them fix it for free. But I need to make sure nothing can possibly be ruined that I SHOULD take it to the dealership for first.
What say you?

#5 ·
You'll be ok, You have to bleed it all though. Years ago I bought a RF900R Suzuki and a week later I heard this thump noise everytime I used the brakes. The front caliper was damn near off! I called the dealership and asked them why they didn't check everything because of course they charge you a set-up fee. The ass hat has the nerve to say ''We can't check everything''. I wanted to kill him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.