Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

couldn't get to the top of Sand Mountain this weekend

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Fiveflat 
#1 ·
So CDI, clutch, exhaust and probably paddles are going on in the next month.

#5 ·
A buddy got some good pics of a little ridge that had a tabletop sorta shape to it. There was another Rhino there and we were jumping it like a double. I'll post those picks as soon as he emails them to me.

juanos said:
Paddles help out alot.
Now I was trying to remember, you guys run paddles and smoothies up front, are you still running in 4wd even with smoothies?

#6 ·
A buddy got some good pics of a little ridge that had a tabletop sorta shape to it. There was another Rhino there and we were jumping it like a double. I'll post those picks as soon as he emails them to me.

Now I was trying to remember, you guys run paddles and smoothies up front, are you still running in 4wd even with smoothies?
Yes, I always run with in on 4 wheel drive...spreads the power around to all four wheels.

#9 ·
No, I was too busy struggling to get to the top :mad:

I tried sending out a notice about the trip, but last week was a fucking nightmare at work and I haven't been able to get online much at all...
We're planning another trip in about 3-4 weeks though!

#8 ·
Five, Paddles will help a bunch. I have a 660 rhino with a cdi, duners kit and everything else stock. With my stock tires I can get half way up Sand Mt and with paddles and smoothies I can get almost to the top. Sand Mt is a taller and longer run than Olds plus Sand Mt is 4,500 foot in elevation. Even with fuel injection bikes do not run as well as they would at sea level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.