Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Arctic cat 1000 turbo vid

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  family wagon 
#1 ·
Hey Rick heres a vid on a turbo 1000 cat with only 6lbs of boost. looks like it runs out pretty decent for such little boost.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5e01bexzk]YouTube - Sand Teaser[/ame]

#5 ·
Im guessing now on my turbo Rotax that it puts down at the tires some where at the high 90hp maybe 100 or so. at 10lbs of boost. That cat is probably high 80s or so. at 6lbs.

#8 ·
I took it on the beeline frwy once to kinda see what it would do when testing the fuel system the first time we put it together and it was going lean and I got out of it at 86mph. Believe me I really dont care about top speed I want the midrange for duning. 86+ mph is stupid. I can tell you that Bighorn tires are not speed rated for that kind of mph and they grew so big that they were rubbing my exhaust pipe that is7 to 8" away. Jay launched a Drakart single seater once off of a high speed jump everyone was taking turns at and he hit the jump over 100mph and when he came off the ground the tire came off the bead(BIg HORN), needless to say when he landed it, he went sideways and rolled it so many times that it destroyed the entire car and scattered parts all over the desert. hes lucky to be alive after that one. So the top speed is really meaningless for these things since we never see it when dunning. :good:

#10 ·
That's crazy 86mph no thanks, I bet that ur ride gets there super fast tho all that hp is crazy with a ride with a wheel base of a sxs ! I have not even seen a bad ass sxs like urs yet hopefully next season I will get my chance to see one of these bad ass rides run, I kinda new to the hole rhino scene so I'm lookin forward to checking out a ride like urs. Have any good vids of your ride ?

#11 ·
Heres a video in car little epic cam and I climbed the right side of oldsmobile and I broke a tooth off the ring gear. Its got a lot of engine noise kind of annoying. sure plays back slow motion like, just like the camera adds 10lbs it kinda slows you down by 10mph too..:laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHq9K_fKYRw"]YouTube - T-Day Oldsmobile 800 turbo rotax[/ame]

#13 ·
Yeah I think out in the desert that 75 or so is more than fine. I also was doing the 86mph on the street with bighorns and stock suspension. with the long travel it would be fine hauling ass across the desert. its nice having the extra power on tap. Po man trophy truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.