Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

800 Rotax vs 820 Tyrex Drag Race......

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  sandchris 
#1 ·
Saturday night we went to speed world and met a few people for some sand drags(more like dirt). My brother and I met up with Sandchris and he was testing out clutch weights on his Turbo 800 rotax cat which by the way was the fastest UTV out there and he also put to shame most of the quads to.. even the banshees. Pretty cool shit.

So he talked me into bringing out my wifes 4 seater 800 Rotax prowler which is bone stock other than the motor swap. So my brother came along with his Tyrex 820cc so we could run the two and see how they compare. His Tyrex is a 4 seater 820cc with dyna ign, coils lightened pistons pins and his porting and misc other performance mods V force john clutching mods 26' bighorns and it made 59HP on the Wellers dyno. We made a few practice runs and his Tyrex leaves the line hard. Afte a few runs he would launch me a 1/2 car and thats how we would stay the whole track which had a pretty good long run out. Multiple runs and if I launched hard I would be right next to him and at the very end of the track he would be pulling a little bit more as I was on the limiter. SpeedWorld is going to have the open races again in two weeks so Im gonna put the power programer on and tune it to see what happens. maybe I will pull him or stay even the whole way.
I think any of the built 840 rotaxes should really run pretty hard after racing this weekend.

See less See more
#3 ·
Definately fun glad we went and we will go in two weeks. Hopefully more Boooooooooobies. WET T-shirt contest guys Her milk shake brought all the boys to the yard... Mega ******* shit goin on out there with the mud bog track next to the Drag strip. Hey Chris post up some pics....:wave:

#10 ·
Cool Warlock - I'm suckholeing to the turbo RZRs here in Oregon power wise - one thing I've noticed is a clutched RZR starts catching well over 3400 RPM and my Rhino starts to move at 2100 with my Dalton setup - big difference in hole shots - what RPM does yours start moving? I may need to change some clutch parts to get more Rs for holeshots - food for thought..........LBR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.