Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

new sxs???

16K views 53 replies 33 participants last post by  RuggedRadios 
#1 ·
Ok i plan on building up another sxs.

should i do a 09 FI Teryx and do longtravel

or a 09 artic cat 1000 without Longtravel.

i have a budget i want to stay under.

the power would be nice but so would the Long travel.

does the 09 teryx have plenty of power stock?

#2 ·
IMHO the stock teryx isn't much faster then a rhino.

you can get quite a bit out of the engine if you choose to build it, and it does sound awesome. But I don't like the design, and wouldn't buy one - but thats just me.

I'd almost wait and see what Yamaha is planing to do - they are said to be announcing the new models in a few months, I'd hate to by a Kawi now only to find out in 3 months that Yammy is coming out with a V-twin powered machine.

I can't really say anything about the Artic, haven't seen any of them.

I understand about budget, and the Kawi's are cheap.
If I had to choose between a few mph and the ride of a long travel - give me the slower ride with the long travel. Its easier and cheaper to make a little more power, suspension is never easy/cheap.

#8 ·
My friend just bought the Artic cat and sold his rhino, he is very disapointed in the build quality of the cat. Also within 2 hours of the purchase he put a new water pump on the thing, guess its a recall issue. Go Terex LT

#10 ·
Fuck the cat, go with the teryx.

#18 ·
this is for the pops guys- rzr is not big enough- needs a bed too.

so teryx fi then??? do they have any known issues?
Oh yeh, your dad and mom have the dogs yes?

some have tranny issues, oil blows when you put a cdi/ecu on them and raise the rev's up. BTW, you can get a good deal on an HRT LT right now I bet and some other items available also for it. :eek:k:

like a 4 seat cage ( coated Black) , doors with nerf/steps built in, front bumper and skid plate

Rog

#27 ·
The 09 Teryx will run pretty well with a MSD and some intake improvements with a MUZZY or DASA pipe set up. The Articat will run probably a little better but the frame and diff are going to be a problem.

#29 ·
Kyle my vote would be the Teryx. If I wouldn't take a bath on mine I'd sell it and then build a Teryx. Seeing that I'm not selling it (unless one of you dubai folks want it) I've been thinking about selling my Raptor and doing a RZR-S.

What's the best price anyone's seen on a RZR-S?

#32 ·
Kyle, my vote would be for 09 Teryx or 09 Rhino for your dad. Either one with long travel will be much more enjoyable than an Arctic Crap with power and no suspension.
Plus, resale will be better on the Kawi or the Yami. You can get the 700 Rhino going pretty good for similar cash as the Teryx mods. This is done without going into the bottom end so it is a lot less work than what you did to your Rhino.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.