Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

What I learned on the Dyno Today

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Unleashed UTV 
#1 ·
Very productive day on the dyno. Our 820 kit had peak hp 65hp but it was only on 2 passes and after a kinda of strange test. Were we had the bung for the AFR reading was giving us some false readings and after moving it we found we were pretty spot on on our jetting and our real hp number is 62hp. We tested the ALBA plenum today and our motor did not like it, but this led to a test the taught us that there is hp to be made in the plenum. We removed the plenum completely and ran the car just with the intake boots from the carb to the plenum on and it gained 2.5 to 2.8 hp without a plenum at all. So we believe (an I beleive DASA has seen something like this too because they are working on plenums as we speak) with the correct size opening and the proper cubic area we can build more hp in the plenum area. We are still just a hair on the rich side but I will leave it that way for the dune run this weekend and get back to dyno tuning next week when I get back.

See you in the dunes!

#4 ·
Hey greg did you buy chance test each cylinder individually. I know some intakes were having reversion problems at high rpms. So the intake is very critical in its design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.