Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

My 14 Year Olds Project

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  TScott27 
#1 ·
This is not a Rhino but I wanted to post this up. I wadded up my RZR last summer and then it sat for a while' but I got a new frame a while back and my 14 year old son kinda took over the project. We got to the shop today and Greg from Affordable Powder Caoting had already delivered it. Thanks to Affordable Powder Coating form the great deal and service.

I love Heavy Silver!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow good luck man, The frame up build is a tough one. I am glad you took the time to powder coat it! To many builds overlook this step, and the powder coated frame really sets i apart from the rest. Well done to the new generation of Unleashed Builders:good:

#5 ·
Right on dad!! Keep your cool and count to ten when you want to beat him with a cresent wrench.. Lol can't wait till my little homie wants to work on stuff. With me, I have a cherry 64 olds for him literlally sitting in a barn waiting till hE is the right age that we are gonna air bag and gangster together for his 1 St cAr.. Huge back seat for my little pimp when he is in high school

#7 ·
Moving Slowly

Well between finding many more parts that needed to be powder coated and ofcoarse not all at the same time. Then Kelly broke his wrist playing basketball. The progress has not been what I would like, but Kelly wanted to do it all him self so he has been moving slowly with a cast on. The cast is off now and we can see a little progress.

#8 ·
Mo Money!

The 14 year old is now 15 and he is starting to get into dads pockets. Some 11:1 CP Pistons, Web Cam stage 3 billet cam with valve springs and lifters. Kelly says he wants to beat Kyle this dune season so we had to step it up a little.

#11 ·
Great project, let him go, teach him the proper tools and how to do it all the right way and let him have at it. I'd rather have my kid in my shop building something than out roaming the streets causing trouble. Let him have his fun, and as long as you have the funds to do so, let him do what he wants to it, then once he gets it going let him have the fun on it he deserves. Also, have him to step by step pictures and let him post them up as he goes that will also give him the assurance that he's doing the right thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.