Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Unisteer Warranty is a JOKE!

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fiveflat 
#1 ·
These quotes ought sum it up pretty well...
I have been trying to speak with a manager since Thursday and finally got in touch with one moments ago only to hear excuses how a 'manufacturer' should interpret the way I tell them the rack bent, and doesn't even know the language his own people use when describing their warranty.
Then I get a "deal" offered to me saying they will discount their rack to me for $300 if I choose to purchase a new one and that they are regular $439. Come to find out, they are selling them directly off their website for $339.

I will continue to discuss this with the manager in hopes that he will honor the written words a representative of the company used to explain their 'lifetime' warranty.

The warranty covers everything unless you modify the rack and break it or if you use it on something else other than a Teryx. The word limited is just so someone doesn't try returning it because they did something not smart like accidentally cut it in half with a torch wile trying to make it longer or something unintelligent like that. If you break it from jumping or rock crawling than it's covered.
Any normal use of the rack and it breaks than you are covered on the warranty. If something directly hits the rack and breaks it than that is not covered. This is a beefed up steering rack all the way from the rack itself to the heim joints. It keeps the same steering ratio. Please understand we are very lenient on our warranty claims also.
Brandon@Unisteer said:
Hello Sheldon,

I'm sorry about your rack bending. I have a solution that should help. The reason that it bends is because there is too much pressure being put onto it because of the bumpsteer that our rack produces. To solve the bumpsteer problem we have recently made a kit with extensions. You do need to use your wheel spacers with these extensions. I will repair the rack and send it back with the extensions. Thank you for the youtube video too!

Best regards,
Brandon

Brandon@Unisteer said:
Hello Sheldon,

Please give me a call when you can. Your entire rack is wrecked, even the internals. Due to the amount of force it had to have taken to create this amount of damage I cannot fix it as a warranty. Everything on the rack is bent and needs replaced, so in order to fix it you will have to purchase a new one. They are in stock and can be shipped as soon as you need it and I will gladly ship back the damaged rack to you since it is yours, unless you don't want it.

The damage done was not caused from the bump steer problem like I previously stated but if you decide to order a new rack I can send you the extensions anyways.

Regards,
Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.