Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

what makes rhino the best..

14K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  tthompskin@yahoo.ca 
#1 ·
Hey all, just to let you know im not here to start a war. im here to get Honest facts or opinions... Im looking for a utv that will not break my bank, and that i can haul the fam around in the Dunes.
I was looking at a Rzr s, Ruesch xrl with the 750 turbod motor, yamaha r1, or just building a utv.
I know how you guys feel about the Ruesch but for the price it seems to be the best deal around me.

My question is why do you guys Think the Rhino is the best utv around? when compared to the rzr, teryx, Ruesch, Cammander??

Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Stock.
Sorry if im to hard, but the where im at there all stock, unless i want to spend 20k on a rhino r1 which im not! I like the Ruesch, because it comes with everything youd upgrade the Rhino when you'd get it. And i personaly cant spend 30k on a UTV. But i see were you mean on how reliable they are, and how the Ruesch is china. I need more opinions!!:good:

#5 ·
my rhino is 3.5yrs old, has about 8000miles pure offroad..

LibyaDesertChallenge 2008 - Libya Desert Challenge 26th October - 3rd November 2010
Croatia Trophy 2009 and 2010 - Croatia Trophy

it has seen dunes,swamps,desert,mudholes,lumberjackroads,rivers,etc...

always PTTM and ranking 23 out 58 being the only ssv among all +350HP trucks is not so bad for a "lawnmower" :eek::D

it has NEVER let me down and sometimes we were in the middle of nowhere (4hr drive till nearest village) and I was happy driving a YAMAHA..

in the 8 day Race Croatia Trophy, I kicked a full prepped rzr's **s every single day :D

#6 ·
I rode a rzr in jamaica I dont think I would trade my rhino for a few reasons. dependability is #1 I have a grizzly 13000kms I tore the clutch apart it had never ben touched it looked like new I put the same belt back on. I love my rhino. I think yamaha makes good stuff.

#8 ·
I had a Yamaha Rhino 700, great machine if all you wanted to do was trail ride, but once I started using mine for its intended purpose of utility use, I found out very quick it wasn't up for the challenge of continuous heavy loads and towing, and will quickly destroy your lawn because there's no way to unlock the rear differential on them. Offroad in mud, snow, sand, etc. they do great, but Yamaha has fallen short when it comes to the practicality of using their machines for any sort of utility use they just don't have the load capacities.

As a result I'm looking at purchasing a Polaris Ranger that has double the capacity ratings, yeah, yeah everyone bashes polaris but they are the same ones usually who don't use their machines for hauling firewood, towing trailers, etc. Polaris makes some great machines and have been doing so before Yamaha even thought about making a UTV. Yamaha makes good machines for trails, but when it comes to hauling and towing and pure utility use, they fall very short.

#9 ·
reliability is key if u do small stuff to ur rhino it will last forever sad thing is my neighbor bought a 2012 big red i took it out and my 06 rhino rides better and is faster lol hahaha honda is a good product but i wont ever give up my rhino

#10 ·
Trooper, the Polaris Rangers have been around since the 90's. The first Yamaha Rhino came out in 2003. I think your statement is slightly backwards LOL.

The rhino is great for light duty, but for actual utility use it falls very short. I had a little over 1100 miles on my 2011 rhino and never had a problem other than it couldn't do what I needed the machine for, and I'm sure the 2200lb trailer I moved around in my pasture didn't really do it any favors either. It did it but with a ton of belt slipping and abnormal noises LOL.

Looking into a Polaris Ranger for the work I have to do, I don't think the Rhino would have handled much more of what I was trying to do with it. And the Rhino destroys lawns because the rear axle is completely locked where the ranger has the ability to have the rear differential unlocked and the flip of a switch. Yamaha is still years behind in utility advances and usage.

#11 ·
mybe not a work horse but it was not intended to be with a load cap of 500 lbs doesnt sound like work more like a cooler and ur buddy great RV but like u said not the work horse of its class big red for sure stands out in that work enviroment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.