My rhino wont start - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

My rhino wont start

This is a discussion on My rhino wont start within the Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; Hello my name is Bryan. Im brand new to this site+ thanks for letting me join.Im here because i need
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions

Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions Yamaha Rhino electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.
Off-topic posts should be put in the Off-Topic Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default My rhino wont start

Hello my name is Bryan. Im brand new to this site+ thanks for letting me join.Im here because i need help. I have a 2006 rhino 450. Mechanically it is stock, Ive had it since it was new + no problems till now. Went out to start it last week after sitting about a month and a half. I Turned the key and neutral light , parking break light come on +hear a click.When i turn all the way to start the temperature light comes on and thats it. Starter does nothing. The battery is good with over 12 volts. I started looking online for info and read that if you have 12 volts on the battery side of the starter relay, and dont have 12 volts on the other side when you turn the key, then the relay is bad. I tested it and had 0 volts on the starter side of the relay, so I replaced it. Nothing changed I still have the exact same problem + get the same voltage readings on the new starter relay as the old one. Im wondering is the new relay bad or is the neutral switch or some other switch the problem + causing a false reading on the starter relay. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks Bryan. PS I checked for power at the starter when I turn the key and had 0 volts so i dont think its the starter.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

By the way, I've had the same problem. Try turning the key on and waiting about two minutes before you try to start. It worked for me. I also added a outboard motor primer bulb and pump it up when its been sitting for several weeks.
woram67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by woram67 View Post
By the way, I've had the same problem. Try turning the key on and waiting about two minutes before you try to start. It worked for me. I also added a outboard motor primer bulb and pump it up when its been sitting for several weeks.
I tried waiting about 5 minutes with ignition on and still the same just the temperature light flashing when i try to start.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default My Rhino needs help

Does anybody know how to bypass the neutral safety switch on a 2006 rhino 450 probably the same as 660
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
BKD
1/4 Throttle

Did you check to make sure you had power off the start circuit of the ignition switch. Either coming off the switch or where it goes in to the relay
Old 07-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKD View Post
Did you check to make sure you had power off the start circuit of the ignition switch. Either coming off the switch or where it goes in to the relay
i read somewhere that if u hear the relay click when u turn the key then its probally not the ignition, so i havent tested the ignition swith other then the fuse. But I will. I hoped somebody would see my post and say, oh ya all rhinos do that just do this and it will be fine. But I guess thats what everybody thinks when we post our problem. In a perfect world.........
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

did you check the fuse inline with the relay? the only other thing i can think of is the bat might be low. they will not start if the volts are lower than 12.3 or something like that.
sandjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

frwergw
Old 07-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

does this website time out if you type slow
Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

ive responded to the last 2 posts took maybe 5 min 2 type and the site said refresh + log in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement