Reverse Light - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Reverse Light

This is a discussion on Reverse Light within the Yamaha Rhino General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; Today I started my rhino and let it Idle for a few minutes and the reverse light started blinking and
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino General Discussions

Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Reverse Light

Today I started my rhino and let it Idle for a few minutes and the reverse light started blinking and then it died. Does anyone know what this means or have seen it before?
MC8822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

No one has seen this before?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Mine started blinking last week while driving. However I had no ill effects. I stopped and checked everything, oil and wire connections. All was fine so I kept going with no issues. I called my local Yamaha shop and they said it is nothing that Yamaha has pre-programmed so it must just be a short with the reverse switch.
JNYBBAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

I believe it was either the battery needed to be charged or the ground wire. When I went to charge the battery I noticed the ground wire was pretty loose. Since I did these two things it has not come back on. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

Usually a bad ground wire , it can make your rhino run terrible. check the grounds every where just in case.

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

I have a kodiak 450 and in it's service book. it said if the idle is to high while in neutrul or park it would blink to let you know. I called the dealer and they didnt have a clue what is was........ go figure maybe the same thing
spooledup24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement