Rear brake locking up - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Rear brake locking up

This is a discussion on Rear brake locking up within the Yamaha Rhino General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; i just installed a new rotor and pads on my 2007 rhino. It works great until the first high speed
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino General Discussions

Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Rear brake locking up

i just installed a new rotor and pads on my 2007 rhino. It works great until the first high speed run. Then the breaks drag and eventually the rotor is glowing red. So now that i've ruined my new rotor and pads what else can it be? I have already taken the piston and caliper apart and it is not binding, and I have adjusted the ebrake manually on the caliper (allen screw w/ locknut) . I read somewhere that the ebrake is self adjusting. Any ideas?
spinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

Did the new rotor warp. Mine gets pretty darn hot
I think it is just how they are, I've heard of plenty of fires that started at a hot rear rotor when debris get caught up in there. Search rhino fire and 99% of the time it started at the rear rotor.
I added a fire extinguisher because of this

just reread the topic, If they are locking up, I have no idea
broccoli2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement