front drive shaft noise '08 Rhino - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

front drive shaft noise '08 Rhino

This is a discussion on front drive shaft noise '08 Rhino within the Yamaha Rhino General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; Have a front drive shaft noise at 6-8 mph on 2008 Rhino. When you speed up it goes away. Anybody
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino General Discussions

Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default front drive shaft noise '08 Rhino

Have a front drive shaft noise at 6-8 mph on 2008 Rhino. When you speed up it goes away. Anybody know what the problem is?
silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
Have a front drive shaft noise at 6-8 mph on 2008 Rhino. When you speed up it goes away. Anybody know what the problem is?
I know the rhino front diffs come apart I would inspect it. Or maybe you have a joint going out. I run a Prowler so Im not 100% on the rhino noises LOL.

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

change the diff fluid
stock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

I've been told by my dealer that its normal, due to the long length of the front drive-shaft it causes a vibration noise which sounds very concerning but doesn't cause any problems from what the dealer told me. Mine does it and mine is a 2011 Rhino 700. Problem goes away once throttle is applied. Problem is a bit more noticeable in 4WD but goes away when throttle is applied too.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Check your diff fluid for alum shavings, my ring gear bolts loosened and destroyed my diff housing.
nhrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default front end vibration

I have a 2009 rhino, 160 hrs, it has that vibration, in two wheel drive it's ok, when you put it in 4 wheel drive at around 10 to 15 km/h it has a heck of a vibration, it's been there since new, make sure you are greasing the two U joints on the front drive shaft. they are a bear to get at but take the time to grease them .
Don
roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

The other guy had a good point, lube the driveshaft, but also try changing diff fluid and pay close attn for any shavings in the fluid. I had to rebuild my front diff due to ring gear bolts backing out.
nhrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Front driveshaft

Yes Lube the front driveshaft and it will help alot. I notice my vibration gets worse over time and then when I grease it, it gets better. But yes my 08 has the same thing, its pretty normal out of the 3 rhinos we have had.
-OD Greaseless Setup, Gold Spring
-28in Maxxis Zillas, ITP Deltas
-HIDS
ridered0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

i hate noise...
Kimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement