dirty clutch - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

dirty clutch

This is a discussion on dirty clutch within the Yamaha Rhino General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; when you clean a stock clutch on a 450 do you need to put grease into it. Thanks
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino General Discussions

Yamaha Rhino General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Yamaha Rhino.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default dirty clutch

when you clean a stock clutch on a 450 do you need to put grease into it.

Thanks
robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Yes, on both the secodary and also the primary. Some good videos on youtube, check out wvhotrodrhino.
hymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Thanks for the info on clutch
Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

I changed my sheave out and put in a 700 cam plate and went with grease less rollers. Dont know how long they last but its a lot cleaner to work on now. Made the rhino a lot more fun. Hot rod sheaves are good.
yellow rhino guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow rhino guy View Post
I changed my sheave out and put in a 700 cam plate and went with grease less rollers. Dont know how long they last but its a lot cleaner to work on now. Made the rhino a lot more fun. Hot rod sheaves are good.
Thanks for the info
Old 04-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Greaseless rollers and sliders are good idea, if they hold up.
I made custom rollers for my wifes Grizzly 450, they were King Quad greaseless rollers that come stock in the King quads.
I had to machine down the width, and cut the weight to 16 grams each, left the yamaha sliders in, and it worked great!
I just dont know how good the Dr.Pulley greaseless rollers will hold up? I have heard a few that have had issues, never seen it first hand though.
Thanks Coop45
Coops clutch mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops clutch mods View Post
Greaseless rollers and sliders are good idea, if they hold up.
I made custom rollers for my wifes Grizzly 450, they were King Quad greaseless rollers that come stock in the King quads.
I had to machine down the width, and cut the weight to 16 grams each, left the yamaha sliders in, and it worked great!
I just dont know how good the Dr.Pulley greaseless rollers will hold up? I have heard a few that have had issues, never seen it first hand though.
Thanks Coop45
If you have never seen it first hand then why even bring it up i have 2,500 miles on my od weights you are always trying to down a good product...
Lil Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Dirty View Post
If you have never seen it first hand then why even bring it up i have 2,500 miles on my od weights you are always trying to down a good product...
All I am saying is, I have over 7000 Hard miles on the king quad rollers, so I know they hold up.
I have seen alot of OEM yamaha rollers worn out with flat spots, and the brass insert loose, so I wanted to see if the OEM suzuki rollers running dry in the yamaha clutch will hold up like they did in my King Quad, so that is what I put in wifes Yamaha.
I think all the aftermarket greaseless rollers will work fine, how long they last compaired to OEM stuff? only alot of time and alot miles will tell.
So run what you want and be Happy!
Coops clutch mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement