Rhino 700-37hp Power Package!!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Rhino 700-37hp Power Package!!!

This is a discussion on Rhino 700-37hp Power Package!!! within the Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category;
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions

Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Talking Rhino 700-37hp Power Package!!!

I did this write up on the other forum but thought I would put it here to benifit the Rhinotalk guys too.

---
I wanted to do a write up of my experience since there are so many different threads out there on the 700 power upgrades that are not complete.

I installed the Rigid 700 power pack on my car this last week and got to drive it yesterday and all I can say is WOW !!!!

Itís a completely different Rhino now. The acceleration is unreal!
I was really undecided at first when all the different exhaust systems and intakes first came out; but after driving it this weekend summed up everything for me. This kit ROCKS!!! With it tested and proven I knew I couldnít go wrong with it.

I didnít want to get on it that much since I just replaced new cvís in the Rear - but I left a 10+ ft burn out on my drive way by just punching it really quick.

It pulls hard all the way through the power band. I didnít get to top it out since I was in my neighborhood but it got to 55 fast!! It felt like it still had plenty of power still to go. I am looking forward to checking out the top speed soon. I am guessing to be around 57-59mph.

Now I wish it was more but how many times do you get a straight enough run to get to top speed in the dunes, trails, rocks, mud, etcÖ If I used this as a daily driver car on the asphalt, then yeah I would want more top end but I donít.

As far as weight issues - I do not know what my car weighs but for wheels I am running 25x10x12 bighorns on Douglas Spyder rims. I also have LT which does add some weight. I have a full stereo system, spare tire, light bar, race cage, and etc accessories.

The intake is so much better of a set up then stock. I opted for the Uni filter over the K&N just for personal preference. As far as exhaust goes; the DMCís are designed perfectly. The dynatek is an easy plug and go unit. The sheave can be time consuming but wasnít that bad. I thought installation was a breeze on everything.

I was surprised that the DMCís for being a dual system; are really not really that loud.

Stock the Rhino 700 is about 25-26hp.
Blue line is Rigid Intake, Sheave, Dynatek, DMC Dual Exhaust. = 36.69hp - Gain of 11hp!!! 41% Power Gain over Stock!!!!

The Dynatek has also been custom tuned by Rigid/Weller Racing for maximum power by adjusting the ignition curve, timing, and fuel for this application. Also there are no issues with starting or and hiccups in power when driving after the dynatek has be re-programmed.

***So if you are still on the fence wondering what to do to your Rhino 700 like I was- donít hesitate on this set up- you will NOT be disappointed!***

If you have any questions on the kit send me a PM

Or call the shop and ask for Taylor or Jason - Rigid Industries Toll Free (866) 271 9892

Here is the link to the Power Package Bundle
http://www.rigidindustries.com/produ...uba4&RGD1BNDLE

KJSmith84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

you makin it to glamis the 17-19th? i would like to run next to you an see where i stand with my 700....

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
mopar_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_enthusiast View Post
you makin it to glamis the 17-19th? i would like to run next to you an see where i stand with my 700....
no - going for halloween.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I curently have another brand of sheave and Dynatek ignition module. Will this kit work with any sheave. Is it necessary to remove and install the exhaust system without removing the bed nor my 4 seater roll cage?
BrownSkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
RhinoTalk.net

How much is the kit and everything retail? Ball park it if you dont know.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

It is on there website for 1350 I think. I ordered mine today hope it's as good as they say......
DuneRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
I curently have another brand of sheave and Dynatek ignition module. Will this kit work with any sheave. Is it necessary to remove and install the exhaust system without removing the bed nor my 4 seater roll cage?
yes it should work with any sheave since most are machined at the same place.
you should call Taylor talk to him about reprograming the dynatek- maybe you can send it too him. you can do it with out removing anything. I dont have a bed so that is why mine was off. the ehaust only took me 15min to get the old off and the new on with the bed and cage off so it might take you 30+mins????
Call taylor and tell him that I sent you and see what he can do for you aswell$.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneRocket View Post
It is on there website for 1350 I think. I ordered mine today hope it's as good as they say......
trust me it is a night and day difference. the throttle response is unreal now.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Kj is the Dynatek just the ignition module or is the fuel management system?

in June I purchased,from Rigid, the Dynatek iginition module for the 2008 700FI
BrownSkidMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
Kj is the Dynatek just the ignition module or is the fuel management system?

in June I purchased,from Rigid, the Dynatek iginition module for the 2008 700FI
they program their custom fuel and curve map into the dynatek. so its both in one but you can adjust it but there is no need to do it if you just have their kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement