reverse light flashing - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

reverse light flashing

This is a discussion on reverse light flashing within the Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; yesterday my rhino 660 sport quit on me. I got it home and started troubleshooting shot some starter fluid in
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions

Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default reverse light flashing

yesterday my rhino 660 sport quit on me. I got it home and started troubleshooting shot some starter fluid in it and it started and ran fine in the shop but the reverse light is flashing. What is the light flashing for? It must be some kind of code what is is?
yamadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Flashing reverse light

Question, is the CDI box stock, I have seen this problem twice, also do you have instrument panel or lights? One unit had a 700 griz box in it, can't remember the year of the box though, the other was a popular aftermarket unit. The aftermarket unit displayed the problem with the light panel and the griz box with the inst panel. The griz box was all the time and the aftermarket unit was when the unit was rev'ed up in neutral for a period of time. Turn the key off and back on and the problem went away unless it was rev'ed in neutral again.
50bmgshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wide F'n Open

Could be the reverse rev limiter switch located under the airbox. The plug that goes onto the top of the motor....Bad connection. Check that and see if it solves your problem.
Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

I had the same problem but when the light flickered on the engine would cut out as the rev limiter for reverse was kicking in. I tried fuel filters, carb cleaning and everything else as I never saw the reverse light on until one night at Dumont and saw it flicker as my motor cut out.

There is a green wire on the passenger side of the motor up top with a male female connector that I crimped and then after the same thing happening again I used a but connector and that solved my problem (after three carb cleanings a fule filter and a ton of looking at other possibilities) If the light is flickering so is the reverse rev limiter, make the solid connection before looking elswhere as it is so simple.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
Could be the reverse rev limiter switch located under the airbox. The plug that goes onto the top of the motor....Bad connection. Check that and see if it solves your problem.
yup, that is it

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
07fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

nice to know.
sprblkxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

I had this happen to me last weekend. I disconnected the reverse switch at the barrel connector and grounded the wire to the engine and bypassed the switch all together. I got no reverse light any more but i dont often drive in reverse. opps just lookd at the date of this thread.
yellow rhino guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default Reverse light stuck on

I have a Yamaha Rhino 660 (2006) and the reverse light is stuck on. Any suggestions?
dereks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement