new 700 stalling at stops - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum

new 700 stalling at stops

This is a discussion on new 700 stalling at stops within the Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; my son in law and myself have 09 rhinos. We have not experienced any problems with them over the past
Go Back   Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum > The Garage > Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions

Yamaha Rhino Performance Discussions Yamaha Rhino performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default new 700 stalling at stops

my son in law and myself have 09 rhinos. We have not experienced any problems with them over the past 2 years. Our friend just bought a new 2011 Rhino and has been experiencing stalling any time he comes to a sudden stop. It's under warranty, but he wants to go in with some info that might might steer them in the right direction. any thoughts?
pardoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default New rhino stalling and backfiring

I alsohave a new rhino ( 18 hrs ) It stalls during normal stops (not all the time) It also backfires going downhill ( not all the time) I am getting ready to take it in for first service Baught it out of state) I talked to three different shops & got three different answers One said bad gas, drain & clean fuel system at a cost of $150-$250 on me!!! one said Yamaha bullitin for a bad E.C.U. (whatever that is) One said bring it in for diagnosis on my dime??? Any and all info would be helpfull THANK YOU
ohl2920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Bad ECU is what he learned also from the dealer he purchased it from. Supposedly a bulletin or recall out for the problem. Once he takes it in, I'll post the results.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

good news! ECU replaced under warranty and friend's rhino no longer stalls. Bad news is mine broke a steering arm after smacking into a tree on a sharp turn today. tied a tow strap to the top of my son in laws roll cage and winched the front wheels of my rhino off the ground and towed it home.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
3/4 Throttle

So, was it still under warranty or was there a bulletin out for the ecu?
hymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

both. The ECU was replaced under warranty based on a bulletin regarding the stalling problem with 2012 Rhino's. I suppose that if you had a 2012 Rhino that was no longer under warranty, but was stalling, they should take care of it.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Default rhino stalling

does anyone have the service bulletin # for the 2012 rhino 700 stalling. Mine is brand new with 3 hours and i am having the same problem.
RHINo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

At around 7 hours mine stalled as described. Then it was a little hard to start and the idle was too low. The next time I drove it, it was fine and has not repeated. Now at 23 hours and idle is still fine.
Caravelle232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
1/4 Throttle

Thanks, had it out yesterday and it sputtered a couple of times but never died. maybe it just has to work itself thru some bugs. I added some fresh fuel when I brought it home, not sure how old the fuel was that was already in it. Thanks again
RHINo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement