Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

I need gussets

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AzBdBy 
#1 ·
I like the LSR setup, seems like it covers supporting everything on the frame, but it looks like a lot of pieces. Is it worth it?

I intend on getting a new frame and would like to go all out and gusset it anywhere possible (channel box in, then all the a-arm mounts and corners like the LSR kit does) while it's easy before I do the swap, but not sure what areas are worth the work or not. I don't expect it to still survive a serious crash like I've done still but am hoping it will keep everything straight in the hard riding and the occasional oops. I really only want to do this once.

I'm still in a cast but need to start looking around for this stuff now. It hopefully won't be much longer before I can start wrenching again. What other options are there?

Thanks guys :wave:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Joey, I'll look into them too. I recall seeing theirs a while ago and hearing good things about them. Does their kit (or anyone else's that anyone knows of) cover the frame as thorough as LSR's? From what I remember on southbayrhino's kit it I saw it was mainly the a-arm mounts only. That's why I'm leaning towards the LSR unless other options out there do just as much or more, I like the idea of supporting the frame as much as possible... but not sure if it's worth the work in some of the areas or not.

#4 ·
SOuthbay has a kit that has all the box in pieces as well, the parts that fill in the frame channel.....They also come with that corner gusset for the lower a-arm pivot mounts. I am ure that LSR kit is just as good....I know the Southbay kit comes withthe spindle gussets as well....Thats a plus

#5 ·
I have installed both kits and prefer the LSR kit. Just the a-arm gussets from Southbay cost almost as much as the whole LSR kit which was $100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.