Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

speed of 700

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  KJSmith84 
#1 ·
so i have a 2008 yamaha rhino.. intake,msd, kms sheave.. 4 seater cage .. light rack with 4 7 inch hids..what should my speed be? speedo says about 50 +/- on the street .. does that sound right? what are you others with 700s getting...

#3 ·
Ya that's what I am thinking to. Due to the 4 seat cage rear seat light rack with 4 7 inch hids. They are slowing me down. Due to weight and wind resistance. Hmmm. Should I change out the spring in the sheave to. I am still running the stock spring. Because I was told the 700 has a good spring on it already compared to the 660s. Idk. Anyone else chime in with some info ? Thanks

#4 ·
a Couple more things
if your tires are bigger than stock, your speed'o will be off
example
28" tire at 55mph = 55mph true speed
33" tire at 55mph = 65mph true speed
to check use a GPS
This is just my understanding of the springs
The spring only change when the belt engages
not sure of actual rpm's but this is just an example
stock spring belt engages at 1000rpm
after market springs belt engages at 2000rpm
Spring do not affect top speed
But someone will correct this or explain it better

#5 ·
My tires are the stock size rhino tire. Maybe ill unbolt the light bar this weekend and see if my top speed changes. Next item on the list is an exhaust. ! Just can't see shelling out that many ben franklins for the ron woods. Lol. Oh well. Gotta pay to play. Could anyone tell me what they paid for their woods exhaust. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.