Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

New DFR kit going on

7K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Hapa 
#1 · (Edited)
So far so good ..Just need to get a good deal on the new trinity front spindles to do the front :yahoo::eek:k:THANX BYC Motorsports for the CV'S

See less See more
#12 ·
lets see if I did this right ...rear of car on stands. removed tire took measurement from ground to bottom a-arm ( 11" ) removed shock. put tap measure in shock location moved a-arms up 6" ( measured from shock mounts ) took measurement from ground to bottom a-arm 26.5" for a total of 15.5" of travail in the rear ......is this a true way to do it or have I missed some thing ..this is my first time trying to figure this out and I know others here have done this :)

#14 ·
not sure what the correct way would be, i am sure someone will answer that, but just because the kit cycles that far without a shock, doen not mean thats usable travel, even if the shocks were able to use that full movement you would have to start worrying about cv bind like BJ said.

and who knows that kit could very well have 15" of travel, what is the front and rear sitting at +2 ??

#16 ·
OK rhino is on the same stands as it was when I removed the old kit ... with the old kit tire was a inch or two off the ground..I cant wait to get this out to the beach

NICE NEW SPINDLE :good:

#17 ·
well I took the body off today and sprayed it flat black with a rattle can don't look to bad ... got to call up and get the new kit ordered this week ... cage is off and getting fixed up new v bar installed and some roof supports and re powdered ..... the new dragon fire kit is nice fit real nice and with the new trinity spindles I can run stock off set rims .... so now almost every thing I can get parts for right off the beach instead of ordering it and waiting a day or two to show up ... gorillas are gone too now have gear one axles with the impi CV's ..... kit uses ball joint upper and lower but for me that good easy to get out at the beach and easy to replace.....

#20 ·
no shock tower ...and no DFR has the own shock from fox....the rc2's come with dual speed compression adjust and rebound adjust, will let you fine-tune your ride and handling to suit personal preference and terrain.
The POSITION-SENSITIVE...have The internal bottom-out cup (BOC) provides additional damping at the very bottom of the stroke to give you the ability to push your vehicle harder for longer with improved driver confidence. Less compression damping at ride-height gives improved comfort and traction while huge damping in the end-zone helps to flatten out the biggest bumps.....the way I decided on shocks was talking with fox and telling them what do with the rhino they where verry helpful with all there info .... have not gone to the beach yet but should be verry nice

#31 ·
hahahaha I really hope this new stuff holds up .... if it dose not I believe Cris will take care of any problems I have but a week test is just a few days away and everyone knows if can be bent twisted it will happen in the first 24hr's...if this kit holds up I think a nessy is in my near future :eek:k:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.