Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

new 700 stalling at stops

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  RHINo2012 
#1 ·
my son in law and myself have 09 rhinos. We have not experienced any problems with them over the past 2 years. Our friend just bought a new 2011 Rhino and has been experiencing stalling any time he comes to a sudden stop. It's under warranty, but he wants to go in with some info that might might steer them in the right direction. any thoughts?

#2 ·
New rhino stalling and backfiring

I alsohave a new rhino ( 18 hrs ) It stalls during normal stops (not all the time) It also backfires going downhill ( not all the time) I am getting ready to take it in for first service Baught it out of state) I talked to three different shops & got three different answers One said bad gas, drain & clean fuel system at a cost of $150-$250 on me!!! one said Yamaha bullitin for a bad E.C.U. (whatever that is) One said bring it in for diagnosis on my dime??? Any and all info would be helpfull THANK YOU

#4 ·
good news! ECU replaced under warranty and friend's rhino no longer stalls. Bad news is mine broke a steering arm after smacking into a tree on a sharp turn today. tied a tow strap to the top of my son in laws roll cage and winched the front wheels of my rhino off the ground and towed it home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.