Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Edelbrook vs stocker

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Eli54 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a chance to get the 40mm edlebrock carb really cheap($100) but i will have to buy the throttle cable for the rhino.the carb has less then 50 miles on it..I have stock air box and stock exhaust.. i am looking to add a lil more on the bottom end right now.. next winter i am thinkin porting and a cam.. I really don;t want to add a aftermarket air intake because of all the added in cab noise.. possibly a quite aftermarket exhaust..

Whats your thoughts... get the carb and give it a try? and what am i expecting?

#3 ·
Ive got one of those piece of shits with the throttle cable you can have for $ 50.00 trust me save yourself the nightmare and leave it alone or go with the Mikuni.

Were not talking just a pain in the ass to dial in once, were talking constant adjustments and cable stretching that wont allow the slide to open fully to the plastic guide the cabe runs through at the carb cracking. I could keep going but I am sure you get my point.

#4 ·
leave it stock and go for the intake i dont think the nose will be that much different until you go with the exhaust. remember it is an air pump so if you choke the amount of air coming in you will never really utilize any mods to full potential you do intend on running.

And i hear everyone that runs those carb say there pieces of shit. :good:

#6 ·
You should ask yourself why the previous owner would remove it after only 50 miles of use, that should tell you something. With proper jetting the OEM carburetor works quite well for trail riding even with a few internal mods, headwork & higher compression etc..
Good luck with whatever you choose!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.