Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Baja Ride last weekend

13K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  JoeyD23 
#1 ·
I missed this ride I was watching mu children while the wife worked.:mad:

:: baja ï june 2008 ::

6 of us crossed into Mexico on a Wednesday night and headed for Rancho Veronica just south east of the Tecate border crossing.

This was the first time Rip to the Tip vets Jeff Laubsher and myself had set off from this location and the first time we had ever rode with photographer Jon Beck, both were awesome by the way. Jon is a solo rider who has traveled much of the western hemisphere on a bike so a group trip was a little new to him, don’t worry we broke him in.

Jon took the time to document fellow photographer/cinematographer Rich Van Every’s first trip on a bike to Baja and I think the pictures tell the story that Rich fell in love with the peninsula. Also on his first ever Baja mission was Toshi Corbet. He was on board to hang in the chase tuck with All Star chase driver Big Daddy (my Pops) and check out the whole scene but after Jeff Laubscher separated his shoulder on day one Toshi jumped on for a couple days of Baja on two wheels. A crash course you could say…..

The trip was about 500 miles and we trekked through the Pine Forest, Mike Sky Rancho, the beaches of San Quintin to Erenderia, the Urapan Valley, Ojos ****** and the Compadre Trail.

To top it off we decided to “try” and ride our bikes back across the border. One of the last shots in the slide show is of me doing a wheelie up Main Street in Tecate USA, yep we showed our passports and rode straight into our beloved USA.

Hope your weekend was as great as ours!

See less See more
#39 ·
right on man my buddies all still go i will take your word for it and head out on a off weekend and give it another shot last time i was there i was with my buddy and his 600hp stroker ranger 1400 truck....but i deffinetly know what your talking about with rhinos being scaryier than a full race truck haha they are a blast why my race trucks for sale...i can have plenty of fun in the rhino

#42 ·
Read about our bad ass trip right here!! Thanks to Crowdog for covering and documenting our run!!!! You guys all need to sign up for the next one..spots will be limited and will fill up fast!

Mexico UTV Run - Tecate to Mike's Sky Ranch - UTV Guide

The Media shooting the line up..Notice someone capturing some UTV Mayhem!!!!!

UTVguide.net's Jon Crowdog Crowley..A.K.A SPF40

Line it up

Blake with the Famous Mike of Mikes Sky Ranch

The Bad Ass ORW Chase Truck

Some locals peeping the baddest Rhino on the run!

Mikes

Pacifico at pool side anyone?

#45 ·
From what we understand is that Santa VEronica and Mike's sky ranch are heavily protected by both the locals and the federallies. We had no issues and had nothing but a great time. The majority of the trouble is on the Pacific coast side of baja and where we go is through Tecate which so far has been much much safer. Plus we roll in such a big group that it deters anyone from F'ing with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.