Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Toyhauler Q's

8K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  dirtysidedown 
#1 ·
I have been looking for quite some time now for a good used toy hauler and after many close buys, I think I finally found one.
2004 KZ Sportsman Sportster 22

I have been looking at these for awhile now since I will be pulling this with my Dodge 2005 Hemi and it's 4000lbs.

What do you guys honestly think?

#2 ·
dunno about the trailer.. but if you have any towing concerns, i tow my 23' attitude with my 1/2er with a Hemi. It tows great, just shitty mileage!

#3 ·
That's why I finally stepped up to a Cummins to tow my 23-foot Stellar.
BTW it weighed 9300 lbs. on the axles recently...add the tongue weight into it and I was close to 11K lbs for just the trailer.

#5 ·
KZ has been in the business for a while now. alot longer than other manufacturers. mainly an east coast deal until a few years ago. Can't go wrong with the kz, nice trailers, good quality. They are now making the inferno toy hauler, too big for what you are looking for, but at least you can see the quality of work they do.

#6 ·
Steller is an Attitude they are reputable.
All manufactures will have issues so just buy the floor plan you like! Within your towing specs, Everyone would like to think the brand they bought is the best one otherwise they wouldnt have bought it:D it is a matter of personal choice and what you can tow.
Sounds like you have a good tow vehicle just remember you will bring more than you tought you would:eek:

#8 ·
I ended up buying a Thor Tahoe 21tb and the rear door when the bed is in the up position is 76. Width isn't a problem but the depth is where I ran into most of the problems with the TH's I was looking at.

#24 ·
You push up or pull down one side of the bed at a time. There's a bracket on the wall that it rests on in either position. It's the old school bed system, the newer electric ones can be modded to almost touch the ceiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.