Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Front Toe in Or out

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jlineracing20 
#1 ·
Hey guys getting ready to put my mid travel kit on:yahoo: but need to know how much tow in or out, to put into it.:confused:

#7 ·
Yea i thought toed out gives more stability but a little more bump stear. maybe i have it backwards. might explain why it is a little edgy to drive since i replaced the rack and toed it out about a 16th-1/4..... one more question for you guys... grease.... i am using 101 moly. and going to mix 1/4 anti sieze (my spelling sucks) we do it on the long travel rails, the molly seems to get real loose when ridden hard. or period just seems to get loose, the anti sieze tends to make it more sticky and stays together. any opinions?

#8 ·
Tow out is gonna make some twitchy tight turns , fun!!!(I run this way in my rhino and car) .. Most peeps set the tow in 2-6 degrees ..gonna make you go straight as an arrow and make thing more stable.. when the car pushes forward everything tightens up and you fo back to zero degrees.Thats my story and I'm stickin too it:D

#9 ·
Even though you have a passion for all natural milk duds I would have to agree with you! :good:

I don't see why it would matter as far as 2wd or 4x4 though?

#11 ·
Wouldn't the natural drag of the tires always have them back? That and they are also being pushed by the rears?

#14 ·
BUT, if you have 1/8 to 1/4 toe out and want that much toe in you would have to have quite a bit of play in the steering/suspension.

#17 ·
if the front tires have power to them (in 4x4) they will pull what play there is from toe out towards in. In 2wd the drag will pull the toe out. I have't experimented alot on the Rhino, but I know on my jeep it can make things interesting in 4x4 on higher speed gravel riding as the front gest real quick to steer with the extra toe-in induced from the pull of the front tires.

It can get alot more complicated then that though from differences in circumfrences of the tires front to rear as a result of air pressure, loading or size. Personally I've set my Rhino and my buddy's to have under 1/4" in or 1/2" between front and rear of tire measurements. Works for us but most of our riding at speed is in 2wd.

As for grease, I have been using a Flamingo Oil Company moly that is the bombdigity. It doesn't mix with water, has a super high boiling point and seems to last forever and is a super pain in the ass to clean off any surface (high adhesion). Not too many retail joints north of South Florida stock the stuff, but it's what all the mud puppies in the south run in the ATV/UTV's and full size 4x4's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.