Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

RF.net - SOLD

11K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  Hapa 
#1 ·
I just read over on RF.Net that Brian B sold RF.Net.... Anybody else hear about this or know the story?

#3 ·
Brian B has decided to pursue other interests, It became to much of a job to babysit everyone. He actually likes visiting the site more now than when it was his! Nothing else changes

#5 ·
I do not, I have pmed back and forth but nothing more. They seem like nice guys but I haven't met them yet.

#8 ·
Today was the press release. I'm such an idiot thinking a website could be sold in a day:punish: It's not as if they are buying a tangible good:punish: Hey stupid Juanos wake up!!! they had to sell the site using attorney and legal contract/documents!!!:punish: Wake up Juanos:punish: I need my coffee:punish::punish:

#11 ·
It was shared by a member in a thread, nothing else changed

alright the big ?? How much was it worth. do all the old school ninjas mike F, max, Rog, tyrap ect get a cut? ya right. lol but really i wonder how much

Who knows huh, How would you even put a value on something that isn't ''real''? It's not like it's a building or something.

#14 ·
I talk to B on a regular basis, he did not want to make it public yet but someone took the liberty for him. I will let him know this thread exists and he can comment if he chooses.

#16 ·
Did he sell all his sites or just RF.net?

I know of a few sites that have been offered to be purchased lately. i know the offers were in the 10's of thousands of dollars for a forum much smaller than RF.net

So I bet he got 50k or more, I wonted be surprised if it was 100k, but this is just my guess.

I say congratulations to BrianB!!!! less stress more fun. start a new forum?

#25 ·
RF.net new owners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats the scoop guys. Who is the new owner of our favorite site? I cut my teeth on the site. Rf.net has a special place in my heart so i want to know.

I take riding a little more seriously than some, so I may be the odd rider out. But I just want to know this site will still be here. I also would like to meet the new owners even if it is just through the computer / forum I am curious.

Thanks Rick

#36 ·
I think you were right on.... There was an offer for this site for $30k.... Based upon that I am sure RF.net went for well over $100k. IMO If they sold it for less than that they are crazy. I wish I would of known it was being sold. I may have been interested in it..... Rick we could of been partners..... LOL.

#32 ·
I figured whatever his financial gains is his own business also the purchase agreement requires not to disclose the sale price.

Most important issue is whether or not the new owner/s will continue the site as business as usual or change the format.

#33 ·
I for one was kind of butt hurt that the site was sold and that some of us were not told.... especially some of us that were there from the start and help build the site...

But I did a little research and it seems that we were notified... I guess I missed this thread.

http://www.rhinoforums.net/forum-hel...m-members.html

Anyways.... I am sure both Brians made a nice profit. Congratulations guys. I am real happy for you guys.

#43 ·
I'm very confident this place will never be sold!:good: nor be bought out by Big Corp. This place has a solid foundation,

If they think about selling this place,they must stand with legs wide open and each member lines up in a row and we all walk up with an opportunity kick him in the nuts...so the more members,more nut shots, and if they have any brains left, they can do as they please:laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.