Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 26.9%

Mid Travel +3.5 Kit

12K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  RICHIEB 
#1 · (Edited)
Who would be interested in a +3.5 Mid-Travel kit for under $2k with Summers Bros axles and you could still run stock shocks if you wanted too..

#3 ·
not much room to talk, im still stock, but why would you want to run stock shocks with a set up like that, dont make sense. And if it is a money issue, save up until you can get it all. just my rant for the day......:confused:

#4 ·
I think the LSR kit is a +3 and around 2k and can run stock shocks with that setup. The problem is that the stock shocks don't let the suspension perform to its full potential and you will need some aftermarkets to get your full travel. Also don't forget the lifetime warranty they come with on the axles and arms.

#5 ·
Im having my sport shocks revalved and resprung. supposedly it runs awesome. the reason i like it and went with it because you can still ride trails and still haul ass through the woop....i dont really jump my shit that much anyways so thats why i didnt go with longtravel.

#10 ·
At first I was thinking like these guys, why would you want to put stock shocks on a lt kit, But then I thought about it. Someone could afford the kit and improve there suspension a little with it and down the road can buy replacement shocks from any manufacturer and they would work with it.
CST makes a +6 kit that let's you still use stock shocks, why not a +3?

#13 · (Edited)
I like the idea of running my stock shocks, I have the se shocks so it would be nice to use them a little before I toss them, I like the idea of the mid travel but it would be even better if you made a longtravel +6 that used stock shocks(I'm not sure if this is really feasible), then I get what I really want and upgrade shocks when I ready. Just my thoughts (previous post said cst does this, but all I can find is a +3 kit??)

#17 ·
Mike f pretty much nailed it with the business of marketing mid travel.
3" or 3.5" is not an issue.
The option of using stock shocks and progress up to aftemarket shocks or rebuilding and respringing stock piggyback shocks is apealing
But I would like to know is what configuration are you planing? Ie:
boxed arms, 4130 tube, billit arms, bushings or heims, ball joints or uniballs ???:confused:

#25 ·
So where's this mid travel you speak of? Did you ever build it? I'm looking to buy.
We built it and it will be avaliable at the sand sport show in Sept. We finshed all the testing and it worked great. Did not break anything. Looking at a coil spring up grade for stock shock right now. I will let everyone know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.