Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Snowflake Update

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  AzBdBy 
#1 ·
Not sure who the official winners were for this race. I have heard that Bobby won the UTV class from a few people and have also heard that the #5 Redline may have won it. I think 1822 may have won the Baja Pro class. Was there an awards ceremony? I was out late recovering some cars so may have missed it. Please post up your stories and photos from the race here.

Congrats to all the winners and those who just finished. Our car was running pretty good power wise until we accumulated about 500lbs of mud and then it felt like a turtle. We started first in the Pro mod class right after the Baja Pros. By 1/2 lap in we had passed a couple cars in the Baja Pro class. We saw the orange tom car sitting in the corner with the buggy. Not sure what was up with that. Only a few minutes later he was on our bumper and we let him pass. I was surprised to see how fast he was moving. A few minutes after that we caught another car and were about to pass in the winding scrub tree section when we slowed for a corner and the Tom car was off the enbankment spinning his wheels trying to get back on the track. The mud in some of the sections was insane. I think the pits were the worst though. Passing in some spots was pretty difficult. As soon as you got close enough you would get pounded with mud and water and could not see to complete the pass. Only about a mile from the pits on the first lap we caught up with Danny Flower in his Rzr. Danny had the hammer down and went into a corner with us on his bumper. He hit the huge puddle in the corner and went into a nice drift and with us being so close we got nailed with the aftermath
I Pulled another tear off and made another attempt. I am sure after he realized we were right behind him he let us by on that one. I know we could not tell when a lot of cars were behind us. The mirrors were covered in mud and between the clutch and exhaust just cannot hear anyone. We can hardly hear our own siren. We cuaght a redline entering the pits right after passing Danny and could hardly get around him as well. He was swapped so sideways with only two wheel drive he was just whipping back and forth. We caught up with my daughter and her Fiance in the 1902 SDHQ Rhino on the second lap. Again we made a couple attempts to pass and they had no idea we were behind them. Finally had to give them a tap to let them know we were there. Even though we did not finish we had a blast. We made it 2 1/2 laps before we broke the clutch on the long straight away. This is the first time my car has not been repairable on the track and got to watch the cars go by for about an hour. Watching the cars go by, I noticed there were quite a few stock Rzrs running at the end of the race and the Redlines are fast.

I had planned on running an in car cam this race, but there was so much mud that I figured it would be covered in a few minutes so didn't bother. I did get a few hot laps around the jetting loop the day before. Once I look at the footage I will see if I can scrape something together.

I would like to thank my family and friends for all the pit support this weekend. My sponsors for all their support. Without all these people I would not be racing. THANK YOU!

Lone Star Racing, Benchmark Performance, PDM, Graphic Details, Rhino Forums, HTM Arabians, FST

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea it gets pretty nasty. Spent almost 4 hours today with a pressure washer on the truck and Rhino.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.