Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Dynatec Coil and rectifier

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jodanie 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on these aftermarket dynatec performance coils and rectifiers? Do they really do anything more than stock? Any performance gains? Will or could they hurt anything?

#5 ·
I just bought one, & a programmable dynatek CDI for my new build. But have not ran the car yet. I hope it doen't hurt the car.
I just thought that for $105 i'd give it a try.
So no, I don't know what is going to happen, But I will find out soon.
the programmable CDI is a great unit. the rest does nothing

#6 ·
I've put the rectifier in and it seems like it starts quicker. I used to have to choke it a little to get her going if it hadn't been started for a few days. now it cranks right over. To me that has made a little difference. Hope the coil helps like it says it will. Without going for a big build a $100 bucks to help a little is worth the try. Just wanted to know if anyone has had any long term time with them in?

#8 ·
No offense, but the rectifier has nothing to do with starting, unless your original rectifier was bad.
It's function is regulator/rectifier. The stator and flywheel output AC voltage. The rectifier uses a series of diodes to rectify the AC voltage into DC voltage so that the battery can be charged. The other function is to regulate output voltage so that the battery is not over charged.
So unless the original reg/rec had a problem and caused the battery to be low, it has no effect on starting whatsoever.
It produces absolutely nothing, it is a conversion and limiting device for the stator, that is all.

The CDIs are a good product, no problem there.

#9 ·
Then I quess mine was going, because it changed. No offense taken, I don't know everything, hell anything, thats why I like to ask. What does a high perfomance coil do vs. the stock, if anything? Or at least the theory behind so called, high performance coil.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.