KCDF & Reach For Life Lz In Glamis. - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Glamis Sand Dunes Discussions pertaining to riding in Glamis sand dunes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

KCDF & Reach For Life Lz In Glamis.

It is a great Honor to announce As of Friday October 30th 2009

Link to membership application http://www.mediplane.com/membership/...ns/r4l_asa.pdf

KCDF & Reach For Life Lz In Glamis.

The Story.

How this all came about.

I was at the SSSS with bob mason and Jerry Seaver were talking to me about Reach Air , and it peaked my interest , i have seen Reach out in the dunes and realized they are a take charge company and i wanted to get involved with them.

bob & Jerry took me over and introduce me to Don Wharton from reach , after about 15 minutes talking with Don i figured out how i could help them service the duners , Don and i disscued the current problems they were having with there current LZ location , and we came up with the idea to put a facility in , on private property to stage a helicopter on the ground to shorten the response time when life flight is needed. i also found out that reach had partnered with KCDF to provide ground medics on holiday weekends

after several phone calls and emails Don & I figured the flight crew would need some place for the flight crew to stay in while stationed at this new facility . we did not know how we were going to accomplish this .

so i called Steve sindalar from KCDF to see if he could find a cheep trailer to house the flight crew in , talking with steve he gave me the idea to call Warrior Lifestyles and see what they had for sale.

so i called larry broyles of Warrior Lifestyles and asked him what he had for sale cheep , larry asked me what it was for and i explained the concept to him .

In true Warrior style larry said tim i have a trailer that i will donate for the season to house the flight crew. just like mark warmoth , Larry broyles donated without hesitating .

now we needed to build this facility ,so i called Jeff Nelson Of NPG Companies ,explained the hole program to him , he donated all of the labor it took to build this LZ .

and here we are up and running .6 weeks later !!!!

on behalf of

Tim Gantz ,GBS, Jeff Nelson , Larry Broyles , Warrior Lifestyles , ASA , UDG , ADF we dedicate this facility to KCDF & Reach for life .

one of the best things about this is it shaves 15 minutes on there response time when they are staged here .

This LZ is open to any Life Flight Not just reach.

Reach will be staging here on holiday weekend this season.

Look forward to what lie's ahead , if we can accomplish this in only 6 week , imagine what a year will bring, im thinking full blown medical facility by next season , Stay tuned....Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2670.jpg (56.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2675.jpg (74.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2676.jpg (70.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2677.jpg (88.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2682.jpg (93.8 KB, 6 views)

!!Picking up trash one piece at a time!!
!!Take Time Out For Saftey The Life You Save Just May Be Yours!!
The Speed will not kill you, the cost of the parts Will !

Last edited by Glamispilot; 11-04-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Founding Ninja

Great Work Tim!!

Always looking out for the duning public. Cutting 15 minutes off of response time is a huge difference when someone is seriously hurt. Thanks for all your efforts Tim. You and the people your working with are going to be the difference that safes lives at the dunes.

Unleashed UTV
5838 N. 19th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85015
602-246-4011
www.unleashedutv.com
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Wide F'n Open

Awesome!! Where is the pad located?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
Vendors row closest to the store....

More Info On Reach

Reach for Life - Air Medical Services
Reach Web Site
http://www.mediplane.com/index.html

Reach Application
http://www.mediplane.com/membership/...ns/r4l_asa.pdf

What does emergency air transport cost?
The cost of an emergency air transport can be several thousand to many thousands of dollars, depending on many variables.

What kinds of memberships are available?
You can choose an individual membership ($40 per person per year) for yourself or to give as a gift. Family memberships are available for $45 per year per family. In addition to the Primary Member, a family membership covers your spouse or partner and other family members living in your home. Gift memberships are available for individuals or families. Group discount rates are available. The cost is $25 per person per year or $40 per family per year for groups of 8 to 150 people. Group rates for 150 or more are also available. Please call us to discuss a plan that’s right for you.

What areas are covered by REACH Air Medical Services?
REACH for Life membership provides emergency air medical transportation using helicopters and/or airplanes from our bases in California and Western Oregon. Typically, REACH helicopters provide transport for critically ill and/or injured patients to and from hospitals within 150 nautical miles of each base. Airplanes provide transport to and from hospitals within 400 nautical miles of the base. View our Service Areas page for more details on geographic coverage areas.

REACH provides service from bases in California and Oregon:

• REACH 1 in Santa Rosa provides helicopter and airplane service to the following counties: Marin, Napa, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Colusa and Yolo.
• REACH 50 in Sacramento provides airplane service throughout the western United States.
• REACH 2 in Acampo (near Lodi Airport) provides helicopter service to the following counties: San Joaquin, Yolo, Sacramento, Amador, Tuolumne, Calaveras, Stanislaus, Contra Costa, Solano, and Alameda.
• REACH 3 in Concord provides helicopter service to the following counties: Contra Costa, Alameda and Solano.
• REACH 5 in Redding provides helicopter service to the following counties: Shasta, Lassen, Modoc, Del Norte, Humboldt, Trinity, Siskiyou, Plumas, and Tehama.
• REACH 6 in Lakeport provides helicopter service to the following counties: Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, Colusa, and Yolo.
• REACH 7 in Olivehurst (near Marysville Airport) provides helicopter service to the following counties: Nevada, Yolo, Placer, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa, Butte, Eldorado, Glenn, Tehama, and Sacramento.
• REACH 8 in Corvallis, Oregon provides helicopter service to the following counties in Western Oregon: Lane, Douglas, Coos, Lin, Marion, Polk, Lincoln, Tillamook, Clackamas, and Deschutes.
• REACH 9 in El Centro, California provides helicopter service to Imperial County in southern California.
• REACH 10 in Lancaster, California provides helicopter service to Antelope Valley and outlying areas in southern California.
• REACH 11 in Thermal, California provides service to communities throughout Riverside County and surrounding areas.

This means your REACH for Life membership covers you if you are transported by REACH or one of our service partners in these specific areas. View our service areas.

Are any senior discounts available?
Senior discounts are not available on an individual basis. If you belong to any senior groups and can get 8 people to sign up for REACH for Life, you will be eligible for the group discount rate.

What will I have to pay if I have Medicare or supplemental insurance?
REACH will bill Medicare or your supplemental insurance company. Our members are guaranteed no out-of-pocket expenses for emergency air ambulance transport by REACH or a REACH cooperating service partner. Membership ensures you will have no additional out-of-pocket expenses.

Can I join REACH for Life online?
New members can enroll online. We will have online service available for renewals and gift memberships soon. In the meantime, please mail or fax your renewal or gift membership purchase to us. You can also call 866 767-3224 and request a membership application be sent to you. Or you may download a REACH for Life Membership Application and return to us with your payment.

How can I pay for my REACH for Life membership?
Payment for membership can be made by cash, check or money order (payable to REACH for Life Membership), or by MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express credit cards.

I have a family member that works for REACH. Am I automatically covered?
A family member must live in the same household as the REACH employee to qualify for membership under the Family Plan.

Can I purchase a REACH for Life Membership as a gift?
Yes. You can purchase individual or family gift memberships. On the application form, fill out the portion for gift membership.

What are the guidelines for a family membership plan?
Family memberships are defined as the Primary Member (or head of household), and includes your spouse or partner and other family members living in your home.

When applying for group memberships, does each member of the group need to fill out an application and provide their signature along with payment?
Yes. We require all information for each member of a group. REACH for Life membership is effective only when we have received a member signature on the disclosure section of the application form or by agreeing to our online disclosure statement.

How can I contact you?
You can reach us by mail, phone, fax or email at the addresses below:

REACH Air Medical Services (Attn: Membership)
P.O. Box 49100
San Jose, CA 95161-9100

Phone: 866 767-3224 (866 76-REACH)
Fax: 707 324-2487
Email: [email protected]
Billing Questions: 800 811-4045 (HSI – Health Services Integration, Inc.)

When does my REACH for LIFE membership become effective?
Your membership becomes effective five business days after receipt of your payment and signed application form or after receiving your online payment and approval of our disclosure statement.

What expenses does REACH for Life membership cover?
REACH for Life membership covers the cost of air emergency transport services provided by REACH or one of our reciprocating service partners (Cal-Ore Life Flight of Western Oregon and Enloe Flight Care of Chico, California). You pay no out-of-pocket expenses, no co-pays and no deductibles. We will bill your insurance company and accept their payment as payment in full.

Who are REACH’s reciprocal service partners?
Currently, REACH partners with Enloe Flight Care of Chico, California for helicopter service. We also partner with Cal-Ore Life Flight for airplane transport throughout Oregon.

What do I do if I am transported by REACH?
Our membership and billing staff work closely together so that is most cases there is no action needed on your part. We will bill your insurance and accept what they pay as payment in full.

If I am being transferred from a hospital or clinic by a doctor, can I request which flight program I prefer?
Yes. Tell the referring doctor or hospital that you have a REACH for Life membership and request they call REACH. We suggest you supply your membership card to the admitting clerk at the hospital or clinic so that your physician is aware that you belong to the REACH For Life membership program.

What is Referral Management?
When you are in need of emergency transfer to a specialty hospital, REACH assists your physician in finding a specialty hospital and physician. REACH also completes arrangements required to coordinate your entire transport. This allows your physician and their staff to continue to focus on you and the care you need.

Will REACH always be sent to pick me up if I am injured?
Always dial 9-1-1 immediately. Your local Emergency Medical Services Agency has a system which ensures you will receive the most rapid response when time matters most. In most cases the closest appropriate air ambulance will be sent to your emergency location regardless of the carrier.

If I do not have insurance, will REACH still pick me up?
Yes – REACH responds to patients who need emergency air transport regardless of their ability to pay. A REACH for Life membership ensures you will not have any out-of-pocket costs if you are transported by REACH or a REACH service partner. Your membership helps REACH defer millions of dollars worth of donated services each year.

Last edited by Glamispilot; 11-04-2009 at 11:47 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 07:41 AM
1/2 Throttle

very cool Tim!

Cant we all get along? lol
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed UTV View Post
Always looking out for the duning public. Cutting 15 minutes off of response time is a huge difference when someone is seriously hurt. Thanks for all your efforts Tim. You and the people your working with are going to be the difference that safes lives at the dunes.
I totally agree, well said Unleashed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
The landing pad is right out side my front porch in vendor row, Pretty cool watching them land there when it is just for training missions.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

It hasent been a year yet .. and we shaved 30 to 45 minutes off response time this last season !!!!

Just wait to see what is in store for this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement