New Clutch Install with problems - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
How-To's Database of technical articles to assist those do-it-yourselfers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

New Clutch Install with problems

I have a problem and dont know what it is and how to fix it, just wondering if any of you guys might have had the same problem. Okay I replaced my wet springs secondary and roller wieghts. Put it all back together and tried it now I have oil leaking into my clutch housing. I then took it all back apart cleaned it and tried it again thinking that I had the oil level too high, only because i couldn't see where the oil was leaking from. Same thing happened again. So i researched a parts list and the only oil that I could see was close to the clutch housing was the oil seal around the shaft of the primary clutch. So i replaced the seal and put a new gasket on the wet clutch case and tried it again and the samething happened so i am at a loss and was hoping that some one might have an insite to my problem or some tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
1/4 Throttle

i had some leakage.with mine........i left a small piece of the gasket on the motor side. once i got it good and clean no more leak
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 09:26 PM
1/4 Throttle

also the gasket will push out on the bottom so be careful when you tighten it up.....been there done that....lol

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

yeah I have done all the carefull steps the problem is I cant see where the oil is leaking from so i have no clue where to fix the oil leak I am going to try and jack up the rear end and run the rhino in gear all the while looking for where the oil is leaking because it doesn't leak when it in nuetral and you rev it up so I am going to try that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement