Hello from Big Rich with News of a New Venture - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Cool Hello from Big Rich with News of a New Venture

It's a new competition venue we are creating.....

From the founders of CalROCS and W.E.ROCK, an exhibition and event series for Side X Sides.

Q. How will this differ from what's out there already?
A. Each event will include multiple disciplines, not just the short track or desert racing that is available now.

Q. What kind of racing will be available?
A. Rock Crawling (of course), Rally-cross, Drifting, 50 yd Drags, Boggs, sled pulls etc....

Q. Are you saying all these at one event?
A. Yes, most or all will be available at each event, depending on the venue.

Q. Where will these events be held?
A. At Off-Road Shows, County Fairs, Off-Road Parks and Arenas across the nation.

Q. Did you just say across the Nation?
A. Yes, Side X Sides are being sold to everyone from all corners of the nation, where there is interest in the vehicles, so there will be events.

Q. When will the events start?
A. The first exhibition will be at Off-Road EXPO in Pomona, Oct. 3rd -5th. Second exhibition will be at the Arizona Sand EXPO, at the Arizona State Fair Grounds on Dec. 12th-14th. First competitive event is being planned for the spring of 2009 in Tucson AZ.

Q. Where will they be held ?
A. Here's the thought, to start with (2009) we would do events around the nation, if you place in the top whatever you'd qualify for a spot in the nationals. This will keep the travel down, but allow those that can travel the op to do so, until they qualify

Q. OK, Where are these events going to be
A. Possible locations:

Tucson
L.A.
Sacramento/reno
Salt Lake City
denver
chattanooga
orlando
philly
St Louis
Rapid City
Spokane

Finals
Las Vegas ?

If any of this sounds interesting to YOU, please contact me for more info...

We hope to have the completed site up soon sidexsidesuperjam.com

Rich Klein
530-417-5333
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:18 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

thanks rich and welcome to rhinotalk

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich View Post
It's a new competition venue we are creating.....

From the founders of CalROCS and W.E.ROCK, an exhibition and event series for Side X Sides.

Q. How will this differ from what's out there already?
A. Each event will include multiple disciplines, not just the short track or desert racing that is available now.

Q. What kind of racing will be available?
A. Rock Crawling (of course), Rally-cross, Drifting, 50 yd Drags, Boggs, sled pulls etc....

Q. Are you saying all these at one event?
A. Yes, most or all will be available at each event, depending on the venue.

Q. Where will these events be held?
A. At Off-Road Shows, County Fairs, Off-Road Parks and Arena’s across the nation.

Q. Did you just say across the Nation?
A. Yes, Side X Sides are being sold to everyone from all corners of the nation, where there is interest in the vehicles, so there will be events.

Q. When will the events start?
A. The first exhibition will be at Off-Road EXPO in Pomona, Oct. 3rd -5th. Second exhibition will be at the Arizona Sand EXPO, at the Arizona State Fair Grounds on Dec. 12th-14th. First competitive event is being planned for the spring of 2009 in Tucson AZ.

Q. Where will they be held ?
A. Here's the thought, to start with (2009) we would do events around the nation, if you place in the top whatever you'd qualify for a spot in the nationals. This will keep the travel down, but allow those that can travel the op to do so, until they qualify

Q. OK, Where are these events going to be
A. Possible locations:

Tucson
L.A.
Sacramento/reno
Salt Lake City
denver
chattanooga
orlando
philly
St Louis
Rapid City
Spokane

Finals
Las Vegas ?

If any of this sounds interesting to YOU, please contact me for more info...

We hope to have the completed site up soon sidexsidesuperjam.com

Rich Klein
530-417-5333
[email protected]
That's a great concept, but you forgot how you are going to be able to compensate Teams so they can make it worth their while to compete in the series. What is going to be the draw to competitors to expend that kind of cost? Are you expecting local draw to fill the bill?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
That's a great concept, but you forgot how you are going to be able to compensate Teams so they can make it worth their while to compete in the series. What is going to be the draw to competitors to expend that kind of cost? Are you expecting local draw to fill the bill?

Well it will work like most forms of Motorsports competition. Competitors pay and entry fee, competitors who place high enough in the event/'s will recieve a payback of cash and trophies.

This the same format used in desert racing, rock crawling, rock racing, etc.

We will have all the details posted when we finalize the website.

If you read our rules on W.E. ROCK :: World Extreme Rockcrawling Championship Series you'll find what we do there.

I ran VORRA (Valley Off Road Racing Association) for 4 years and we used the same type of system there.

Big Rich
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

We have agreements with print media for coverage of our events, as well as websites like Off Road .com and Pirate4x4.

We have worked very closely with a number of TV producers and have shows running on SPEED, OutDoor Channel, SPIKE TV, Discovery, and ESPN II. We weill leverage those contact as well and do a web based TV show about the events.

All of these will help those competing at the Super Jam Events gain sponsorship (it's worked in the past).

I developed the only National and Inter-National recognised Sanctioning Body for Rock Sports, and have helped 6 series get started and grow here in the US. So we have the track record in bringing events to market....

We expect the local drivers in each area or region we put on events to particiapte, as they do in the rock motor sports.

We will advertise the events and sign ups in magazines like SideXSide Action, Crawl, and Dirt Sports, magazines we have formed relationships with.

Big Rich
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Well it will work like most forms of Motorsports competition. Competitors pay and entry fee, competitors who place high enough in the event/'s will recieve a payback of cash and trophies.

This the same format used in desert racing, rock crawling, rock racing, etc.

We will have all the details posted when we finalize the website.

If you read our rules on W.E. ROCK :: World Extreme Rockcrawling Championship Series you'll find what we do there.

I ran VORRA (Valley Off Road Racing Association) for 4 years and we used the same type of system there.

Big Rich
Don't get me wrong Rich. I'm not trying to be negative. I think it is a cool idea. I do know that for a National event to be successful it takes a core group of competitors to show up at every event. That would take corporate support $$$$ to cover the expenses of travel, transport, lodging ect. for a full time team. To attract that kind of corporate interest you'll probably need TV coverage. Again don't get me wrong, I like what your trying to do. It will be good for the industry! Good luck, keep us posted and oh yeah........WELCOME
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
Don't get me wrong Rich. I'm not trying to be negative. I think it is a cool idea. I do know that for a National event to be successful it takes a core group of competitors to show up at every event. That would take corporate support $$$$ to cover the expenses of travel, transport, lodging ect. for a full time team. To attract that kind of corporate interest you'll probably need TV coverage. Again don't get me wrong, I like what your trying to do. It will be good for the industry! Good luck, keep us posted and oh yeah........WELCOME

Maybe I was to matter of fact in my reply, I did not take it as a negative comment. For over 8 years I have been answering these same questions in the rock motorsports

We expect at each event mostly locals at least the first year, you win the local event and qualify for the National Championship, and come if you can.

In areas like Az/Cal/Nev, I expect top teams to compete and if we provide them with a great event, great media coverage, etc... we hope to get them to come to more.

I have been in connect with some of the OEM's and there seems to be alot of interest. Proposals are going out over the 2 weeks to potential series sponsors, who have shown an interest as well. This why I have decided to make announcements about the Super Jam events early.

Thanks for the good wishes, we'll need them...
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 PM

rules?

When can we expect to see rules concerning SXS set up and safety stuff amd where can they be found?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Logic View Post
When can we expect to see rules concerning SXS set up and safety stuff amd where can they be found?
It should in sometime in late OCT. or early NOV.

We are setting up some meeting while at Off Road Expo to discuss and gather input from those particiapting at some level in the market now. From racers to fabricators, to OEM rep's., and even media peeps. I am also open to suggestions, some feel free to e-mail or call me if you any.....

Rich Klein
530-417-5333
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
It should in sometime in late OCT. or early NOV.

We are setting up some meeting while at Off Road Expo to discuss and gather input from those particiapting at some level in the market now. From racers to fabricators, to OEM rep's., and even media peeps. I am also open to suggestions, some feel free to e-mail or call me if you any.....

Rich Klein
530-417-5333
Cool Rich! We'll watch for updates and I'll look you up at the Expo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement