My name is Jessica & I'm new here!!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Talking My name is Jessica & I'm new here!!!

Hey there my name is Jessica and I work @Summers Brothers Racing...
we make axle shafts for the Yamaha's, Kawasaki, Polaris, and ANYthing else you want.

I wanted to become a member to get Xtra 411 on these Side X Side vehicles so I know what's up. Plus I am in sales and could really use some SALES!!!
So if anyone out there calls in to us and buys something I can give you a discount if you mention me!!!!!

Anyways, if sny of you have any questions that I am able to answer I will be more than happy to do that for you. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Wide F'n Open

Welcome! My buddy Tim at SDR says good things about your axles. Good stuff
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Wide F'n Open

welcom

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Red Cup Ninja

aahhhh suki suki

welcome to rhinotalk jessica!!!!

Fuck'em and feed'em cabbageI have found the richer your friends are.....the more they want you to suck their asses.......I guess these fools havent figured out yet I dont suck ass ~ the bigg anonymous
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
1/2 Throttle

Welcome
You did not post up a picture
What do you know about high angle CV joints, to aid in adding a lift to a Rhino?

Nobody is perfect, I am a perfect example
06 Rhino 660
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Wide F'n Open

ryanpsd need new axles...

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Wink

If you buy a lift kit of any kind be prepared to start spending lots of money on axles and or cv joints.

You increase the distance between the differential and the wheel hub: The inner cv joint in most cases is made to move in and out only about 3/4" as the suspension goes up and down. When you increase the distance you bring the ball, cage & race further out in the inner cv joint housing. This will cause them to hit against the "c" clip that is there to keep the joint from coming apart during shipping or while installation or removal. THIS WILL CAUSE SOMETHING TO GIVE!

You increase the angle of operation:

a)This will cause the shaft to rub against the rim of the inner cv joint. You'll know this has happened when you hear the clicking as it passes each of the six ball tracks. Or if you remove the joint you'll see that the shaft will have scaring where the joint had been rubbing. This will also show signs on the rim of the inner joint and in most cases will literally crimp the clip into the grove that it rest in and you'll have to chisel it out to remove the inner joint from the shaft. (this is why we ask that you send the inner cv joint back when making a warranty claim)

b) When the a-arm drops down (i.e. while the bike leaves the ground). The inner cage is cocked at a very steep angle. Then when you land back on the ground with a hard force the ball, cage and race need to slide back into the inner cv joint cup. However, with the cage (the part that has 6 windows that the balls ride in) is at this extreme angle it will cause the joint to bind. Then when the shaft comes in it's equivalent to breaking a twig over your knee. I'd recommend not lifting the vehicle and spend your time and money riding instead of fixing your ride.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Wide F'n Open

wow and how about a +6 travel rhino

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
3/4 Throttle

Hello Jessica
I just get a pile of axle shafts from you the other day!
Justin from Cognito

cognitomotorsports.com
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Wide F'n Open

Welcome, can you get me a +6 drive side rear axle for a Rhino. Thanks how much shipped to 90603 Ca. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement