Buy Rhino? Why? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Buy Rhino? Why?

Hello everyone, I'm planning on buying a UTV soon. Leaning towards a Rhino.
Anything I should look out for?
Thanks
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 07:51 PM
ljb
Wide F'n Open

you can't go wrong with a Rhino.

but something you might consider - if you plan on keeping it bone stock, you might consider a RZR-S - out of the box performance is pretty good.

those are the only 2 I'd even consider.

08 700 SE
XMF LT
HID's
Livewire whip
and some quads and a KTM
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:26 PM
3/4 Throttle

I have a 08 -700 rhino I have no complants. I have only been on a mule I dont know about the rest.for what I do the rhino is great.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post

but something you might consider - if you plan on keeping it bone stock, you might consider a RZR-S - out of the box performance is pretty good.

i 2nd that on the RZR S
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post

Yeah, but the RZR-S is waaaaay more expensive. I got my Rhino for $8500 brand new and the S is 14 grand.

When I bought mine, in order to sell them, the dealership removes the sway-bar and adds 2" wheel spacers to the rear, supposedly making them harder to roll over. If the dealer you buy yours from removes the sway-bar, be sure you get them to either put it back on or give it to you for you to put on yourself.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_09_700 View Post
Yeah, but the RZR-S is waaaaay more expensive. I got my Rhino for $8500 brand new and the S is 14 grand.

When I bought mine, in order to sell them, the dealership removes the sway-bar and adds 2" wheel spacers to the rear, supposedly making them harder to roll over. If the dealer you buy yours from removes the sway-bar, be sure you get them to either put it back on or give it to you for you to put on yourself.
I don't have a Rhino yet, however I've driven a couple. Neither one had the sway bar removed. They seemed pretty stable with what I was doing. However I think that removing the sway bar is wrong. The sway bar helps control body roll when cornering. I have sway bars on my Jeep and its amazingly stable at higher cornering speeds that would cause a standard SUV without sway bars to roll over.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill23c View Post
I don't have a Rhino yet, however I've driven a couple. Neither one had the sway bar removed. They seemed pretty stable with what I was doing. However I think that removing the sway bar is wrong. The sway bar helps control body roll when cornering. I have sway bars on my Jeep and its amazingly stable at higher cornering speeds that would cause a standard SUV without sway bars to roll over.
I agree, for hard riding the sway bar really helps on hardpack

also look at the kawi efi model for similar pricing.

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Wreckin' Shop

I dont want to turn this into a sway bar thread....but I have ran them both ways....and Like it much better without the sway bar....personally at stock width I think the sway bar causes them to be to rigid and may be a part of the roll over issues

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
3/4 Throttle

RzR Suck

If you want performance and speed with a boat load of problems then purchased the RZR-s or RzR. Yes they are faster stock and cost much more but they have so many issues and are not reliable on the trails. The Rhino is rock solid and you can pretty much customize it into what you want. Stock might be your thing but one day you MIGHT change ur mine and your Rhino will be there for you......

The Teryx would be a better choice than the RZR but still not as reliable as the Rhino....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement