Yamaha Outdoors.com misrepresentaion and 09 Silver SE Sport - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Yamaha Outdoors.com misrepresentaion and 09 Silver SE Sport

Hello Everyone!
Yes, I'm new here, and I've had my share of toys...all makes and models... THIS involves discrepencies over what exactly is included on the 09' Yamaha SE SPORT brushed silver edition. {DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW?}
I've had many Yamaha's in the past so after studing reviews of pros and cons, I just purchased an 09 Sliver SE Sport. {Still the best for my uses} Unfortunately, I was unable to find one locally at what I was hoping to spend. This lead me to purchase my 09 online.
Buying online is a wonderful option, yet I was left with studying the YamahaOutdoors.com site to confirm what an 09 SE Sport was supposedly included in the Sport Package.

UNDER 09 SE Sport FEATURES : It Reads "This Rhino is ready to rip with piggyback shocks, one piece cast aluminum wheels, molded sun top, overfenders, Baja front carry bar and special dipped body with flames, and special graphics Treatment. Plus this rhino also comes with dealer-installed LED tail lights, steering wheel cover, custom shift Knob, and Black Bed Rails."

Ok, mines not red, but it is a SPORT, and therefore at this point there is nothing I can find which leads me to believe this equipment is'nt part of my Silver Sport. IT IS AN SE SPORT! My point is Yamaha should add a short paragraph explaining just what comes on the Brushed Silver Version? for $100 less?
There is no apparent addition in small print stating " These Items are not included on Brushed silver 09' SE Sport " ...

NEXT, open SPECIFICATIONS... there you will see a picture of a loaded Red Sport on your left, and a Silver Sport on the right. And Yes, it shows a $100 price difference between the two.
By clicking on the Silver edition you open a picture of what I'm sure has to be an exact replica of a Silver SE Sport.
{You would think so, wouldn't you?} I see White taillights {at least there is no sign of Red pictured}, black BED RAILS, and every option stated except the deletion of Overfenders.
If that is not what comes standard on an 09' Brushed Silver Sport, then why dosen't Yamaha simple post a more accurate picture of an exact representative of the Beast!
With only $100 price difference. and by looking at the pictures, I was sure the Overfenders were the only difference between the two versions.
WHO WOULD THINK ANYTHING DIFFERENT?
Most every new 09 silver sport I've seen online shows the led lights and bed rails shown installed on the units they are selling.
When I questioned my dealer, they weren't sure, but after checking, I was told their "Rep" says he is sorry for my confussion. He says the 09 Silver SE Sport only come with Piggyback shocks, Alum Wheel upgrade, Steering wheel and shifter upgrade. NO LED LIGHTS, OR BEDRAILS !!

Yamaha is BIG. There is no acceptible reason to think they should not take the time to clear up this misconceptions in 09 Sport model specs and features on their website. If I worked for Yamaha, it would be done.
I refuse to believe I am the only new owner who has found these facts confusing.
GO AHEAD, open the page, check the 09' Spec's, Check the Features, and tell me what you think !

YamahaOutdoors.com's failure to clearly explain the difference between these versions of SE models has led to the confussion.
Anyone on RhinoForum that has purchased an 09 Brushed Silver SE Sport run into this? What was yours delivered with? I'm curious.
Well tomorow Feb 1, 010' delivery! I know I'm gonna love this Rhino. My friends, family, and the faithful dog as well.{Moms 90 this yr, and she cant wait to go for a Woods ride!} Most of us are over 50 so a comfortable ride is imperitive! Thus my reason for choosing a Rhino over others.

It would be nice if Yamaha checked these sites for insight into their products. Guess thats all I can hope for.

Last edited by NHhybrid; 01-31-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: want to remove some material from original post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Wide F'n Open

Welcome aboard , When I bought my 08 midnight I asked the dealer about the LED lights. He said they were included on mine. When it came in it had red tail lights. When I asked him about this he did some research to find that only the silver SE had LEDs. He bought and replaced them for me due to his error. Those LED back up lights are a life saver. I had those red lights in for about a week before the new lights came in. The difference was huge after they were changed. Is there any way you can get them to replace yours the same way? They may be willing to work with you on this issue anyway. I'd take a picture of the one on the internet to the dealer and tell them that this is what you ordered. Couldn't hurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement