right rear cv shaft - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

right rear cv shaft

Hello all, welcome to me, I am a newby, bought an 06 450... I know it's only a 450, but it was the only used one I could find in my area, the right rear cv shaft has separated from Differential, not completely I could still drive up on trailer to work on. I bought a big socket to fit on nut behind hubcap thingy, it's pretty tight, are you suppose to hold rotor with a special tool, in order to get it off? This will probably be the first of many as I try to fix the Whino, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

same thing

k... I did some more investigating and th cv shaft is sliding in and out of Diff, does not come right out, but slides in and out nice and smooth about 3 to 4 inches, I see some posts about a C clip, where is this c clip, inside the boot? or inside the differential?? sorry if I sound like an idiot, but after 46 years I have learned to live with it, lol
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

go to thecvman.com and click on techtips, everything you need to know

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

k.... thanks, I did take the whole assembly off at the wisbones, that seemed the simplest, I pulled the shaft right out of Diff and the splines are chewed at the end by the C clip. So I guess the c clip wasn't doing F... all, therefore the shaft was half hanging out and driving by only 3/8 of an inch of the shaft. i cleaned all the filings out, opened up the c clip a bit stuck 'er back in. Don't know how long it will stay in but it's not sliding iin and out. I wonder how to push that shaft in if the c clip is in good shape not much room for a screwdriver in there. Thanks for the Cv man site, I will check it out.
Don't really want to buy a phone, but are you interested in a trade. I got some swamp land in Bangledesh, sort of at the end of raw sewage creek. i don't have much time to spend there, let me know, lolololol

Tyler
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 AM

dont worry about it being a 450,....when the time is right throw a rotax in there and youll have all the power you need and still be reliable as well!
and as Mark said^^^^thecvman.com will help with your current dilema

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Hi, Bryan M

I find it has enough power for me, I took it up the steepest slope I could find and it doesn't stop, maybe zoomin down the road might be little slower than most, but I have a car that goes 100 mph, so if I want to zoom down a road, I take the freekin car, if I want go play in the mud or the woods take the rhino. all that being said, how much to put Rotax in? lol

Thanks again!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 10:10 AM

if you part out your 450 engine/donor quad parts on ebay you could probably do it for around 3500...depends on how much you pay for the donor quad to get the engine out of....

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
Sponsored Links
Advertisement