First time Rhino owner - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

First time Rhino owner

Hey guys glad to be on this forum. I recently bought '07 model 660 Rhino. I am very pleased, sure beats ATV. I am curious about the wheel spacers for rear, I've heard they are a free upgrade but have not checked it out yet. I am wondering if all non EFI unit are as cold natured as mine. It had 300 miles on it so it was used very little, it may need some adjusting or cleaning of the carberator. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Wide F'n Open

Welcome, and congrats on the purchase.

As far as I know the rear wheel spacer kits are available from the dealer free of charge.

The cold blooded nature of non EFI ATV's and UTV's are pretty common. Yes the carb may need some cleaning along with replacing the fuel filter and probably some carb adjustments too. They like to die when its real cold when they're first started, but after a couple minutes should run fine, if not the carb probably just needs adjusted and cleaned.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Thanks WildBill, I've owned several non EFI ATV's but none have been this cold natured. This Rhino will belch back through the breather when you let off gas after you ride it for half hour or longer somtimes. It's apparent it set alot due to year and lack of mileage and hours on it. I thought it would get better if I rode it, but it has not made that much difference. After hunting season I plan on putting it in the shop for cleaning and adjusting carb. Thanks again for reply.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Wide F'n Open

No problem. I had a 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 450 that was horrible trying to keep it running seemed that the idle adjustment was always getting out of adjustment so even in warm weather it didn't want to run half the time. Now a year into my 2011 rhino and I'm already fixing to lose it due to losing my job so I'm not exactly very happy at this time. Just trying to help others out as much as I can here with the very limited ATV/UTV knowledge I have.

Good luck with your rhino, and yes definitely get it in and get the carb cleaned. You could also try running a can of Seafoam through the fuel system, just dump a full can of it into the fuel tank fill it up and drive it hard. The Seafoam is about $10 a can, but it sure cleaned out the engine in my 1999 Dodge Ram when I first got it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Sorry to hear bout your hard luck,in this day in time it's hard sometimes to think positive. I am self employed and know all to well the downside of this economey. I have heavy equipment and a dump truck, it's difficult to spend money on recreation sometimes but you got to enjoy something. My wife constantly tells me things happen for a reason but sometimes you wonder what you have done to deserve this. I did try a can of seafoam and it seemed to help but still gonna go to shop for cleaning and adjusting. I hope something comes along for you to get to keep your Rhino, a man needs something to get him away from everyday things sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement