hello - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

hello

hello im nick from TN looking forward to swapping ideas and seeing others machines on this forum thank you have a nice day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
3/4 Throttle

Welcome nick! where in TN are you? iím zach and am kinda close to windrock and royal blue WMA. both are about the same distance from me. i usually go to royal blue wma just because i have my life time sports man and donít have to get anything to go ride.(pretty much ride for free, since hunting license with WMA permit covers it)

we have a í11 sport. iím trying to sell a CRF150R dirt bike, i donít really ride it any more. i got it to race but only did one race before i had some stuff come up back in í09 that stopped me from going every weekend. Iím going to buy some wheels and tires from Honda/yamaha of knoxville and get a MSD cdi so i can make it faster.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

im from decaturville tn in decatur county right on the tn river im lucky and have a lot riding areas lot of nice landowners in the area wit plenty of trails for lot of the locals right on the river and we have public trails on natchez trace park i currently have a honda 08 rubicon with 2 inch high lifter lift kit and ss 112 with 27 inch mudlites but im on the markett for a rhino to better serve my hunting needs and this site has already presented me with tons of stuff i want to do with it once i purchase one

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

hoping i can find a used 450 but not having much luck in the tn area any ideas on where to look to find a good deal would be greatly appreciated
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhrp View Post
im from decaturville tn in decatur county right on the tn river im lucky and have a lot riding areas lot of nice landowners in the area wit plenty of trails for lot of the locals right on the river and we have public trails on natchez trace park i currently have a honda 08 rubicon with 2 inch high lifter lift kit and ss 112 with 27 inch mudlites but im on the markett for a rhino to better serve my hunting needs and this site has already presented me with tons of stuff i want to do with it once i purchase one
oh ok nice!

and nice honda. we have a í03 recon and a í04 rancher as well. they all stock no winch or anything. the recon has mud lights. I thought about putting them on the rhino, but they just donít last long for all around trail riding. i do maybe 20% or 30% just mud. rest is hard packed current/old logging roads, even get on the road some times(just for 1 or 2 miles) cops donít care at all, if you wave to they they usually wave right back atcha.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhrp View Post
hoping i can find a used 450 but not having much luck in the tn area any ideas on where to look to find a good deal would be greatly appreciated
oh nice. they are great for hunting. also if i was you iíd look at the 660 instead of the 450. i know some that have rode/owned the 450 and they say itís under powered for a lot of stuff. Also i would get a winch, if it gets stuck good luck using a atv to pull it out. also we have used our winch to lift are 2 man ladder stand up into the tree, it makes for easy work instead of trying to lift it by hand with just a rope thrown over a branch.

also may try going down to the dealer(s). Usually most dealers have a bulletin board that people can post for sell adds on with photos, price and contact info.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

thats what everybody keeps telling me that i need to go ahead and get the 660 and i plan on decking it out with front winch and a cargo area boom with winch mainly wanting for deer transport a food plot supplies my father inlaw has a 450 and he can transport way more stuff in and out of areas than my rubicon plus my little girl like riding in better than my honda guess she likes the side seat its more comfortable for her but i have searched craiglist in TN and surrounding states and they dont have many listings at all and the few dealers i have checked out only want to sell me a brand new one they keep hounding me on why i should buy a brand new one and its and it gets on my nerves but im still looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement