Rhino and Chino - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Exclamation Rhino and Chino

Hello, Well names Reid (Reefer) I bought a 2008 700 Chino back in Oct. 2012, I thought it was a good deal......184 miles (rough miles that is) and picked it up for $1500. Problems started with, well the starter...who would have thought. It would not kick over compression . Did some reading on this problem and found out this was common. The fix was to replace the stock starter with a Ricks Motorsports starter..... it worked!! Ya hoo.... I'm going riding, or so I thought. The next lil' Demon - Gremlin to show it's ugly head was the 4wd - diff lock switch. I checked and tested everything, the switch - good, the relay - good, the servo - good and worked........ but, would not work all together...... ahhhhhhg!! screw it, I gutted the servo and turned it into a manual shift instead of electric, works great! Then it was the wiring, this was not a birds nest, it was a freaking RAVEN`s NEST!! I guess you can`t expect a 8yr old Chinese boy to do great wiring. So I re-wired the harness and eliminated everything I could that was not needed to make it run, did I mention the dash was not working, so it`s gone now too. Manual gauges in, water, oil, voltage and fuel. Let see.......ah yes the front end cratered, thank God they copied Yamaha to a T, cause, Rhino parts fit perfect, spindle, CV joint, Rotor, rotor protector, bearings and I am sure there is something else too, but I can not think of it........ Then the motor was running hot.........I flushed out the motor and the rad at a friends shop. So I go the next day to go for a ride and there is antifreeze everywhere......WHAT THE beep beep beep , well you know.... the rad is rotten, the only thing that was keeping it from leaking was the crud!!! THAT IS #[email protected]$%$ IT! I went and bought a Rhino very next day! No, really I did , so if anyone ever says the Hisun machines are just as good as a Yamaha........maybe you might want to re-read this. But the machine I picked up is a 2009 Sport on tracks, came with snow plow, heater, full cab, dual shocks on the rear, new tires etc., etc. and the machine does not have a scratch. My son loves it and will not let me out the door unless he is coming....... Yes I do still have the Chino, just waiting for the rad to come in...

Last edited by Reefer; 04-08-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: would like to add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement