2009 Yamaha Rhino 450 w/27" tires - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

2009 Yamaha Rhino 450 w/27" tires

Hello Everyone!
I sure could use some help, I never have swamped my Rhino and have had it since it was new, with that being said I did just recently get in deep mud and had it in high gear and it quit pulling. I towed it home,pulled the cover and the primary clutch was full of mud, I cleaned it and it would move in any gear but had very little torque. Also when in neutral the high gear light would be on. If I held the brake while in forward gear and throttle up it would start making a terrible noise (sounds like the transmission is coming apart) and the shifter would not shift back into neutral and the engine would shut off.

While engine off, I could work shifter back to neutral, start it and it would be making the noise again I can shift from reverse to neutral and back to high and it will stop making the noise and I can drive it just fine, until I "load it up" then it hangs up again.
I changed the one way bearing and went with the blue spring and Milled primary sheave from JBS and it has changed nothing except it has more low end torque. All is good, unless I load the engine up then it's like the transmission gets stuck between two gears. If I power brake, it will begin to push the bike forward then start making noise and lock up and stall the engine.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement