Kansas City Aug. 30th. - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Midwest Region The Midwest Region includes the following States:

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Kansas City Aug. 30th.

A few of us are getting together August 30th weekend. It would be nice to see some of you who are in the area. It will be mostly trail riding and hill jumping. Bring your ride and your camera. PM me for directions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
3/4 Throttle

Thumbs up

I'll be there Mark, sounds like a good time!

I think that their flight from and hatred of technology is self-defeating. The Buddha rests quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower. To think otherwise is to demean the Buddha--which is to demean oneself.

Robert M. Pursig
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
1/4 Throttle

Mark I will be there. With my video camera and Rhino. Sound like It will be good times.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

hell ya have a good ride and take lots of pics to post here...

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 02:42 AM
3/4 Throttle

Lightbulb

So how many people are you expecting for the 30Th Mark? Is there anyone coming from up North or just me? I still need to find someone willing to haul my Rhino for me if possible, and I'll help with the gasoline of course.

I think that their flight from and hatred of technology is self-defeating. The Buddha rests quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower. To think otherwise is to demean the Buddha--which is to demean oneself.

Robert M. Pursig
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Several people I've talked to said they would like to come, but have plans at that time. The closest person to you is in Excelsior Springs. Most of the people I've talked to would be coming from other directions if they do. I'll send you an email to figure something out. Mark
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
1/4 Throttle

Dont think Im gonna make it Mark. Rhino is down. The fuel pump doesnt seem to be the problem now. Got a new fuel pump and still wont run with the choke off. Only will Idle with the choke on. Liberty cycle said they cant get it in till after labor day. Ive tried all I can.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknot07 View Post
Dont think Im gonna make it Mark. Rhino is down. The fuel pump doesnt seem to be the problem now. Got a new fuel pump and still wont run with the choke off. Only will Idle with the choke on. Liberty cycle said they cant get it in till after labor day. Ive tried all I can.
check for a cracked intake rubber piece. or bad vacuum line to the pump.

we will help with ideas to get ya going if we can!!!!

Rog

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:15 PM
1/4 Throttle

Well heres the deal Ive messed with the Idle screw and the air/fuel mixture screw. To keep it running I have the choke on, and it Idles so high that it wont even shift. Ive taken off and checked all the lines for cracks, clogs and breaks. New plug. Check the gas tank of obstructions. Check the air box and filter. When I do get it to idle right w/out the choke is when I put my hand over the air intake and leave a small hole for air. So to me it seems its not getting enough fuel.(that why I replace the fuel pump) When It did run It would back fire when I would let off the gas pedal. Im no carb person.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
3/4 Throttle

Lightbulb

Considering he fact that it runs with the choke on and the backfiring you describe I can almost guarantee you simply have a clogged pilot jet in the carburetor or clogged fuel filter at worst but it could be a simple as opening up the low speed mixture screw a bit to cure your ride. Most likely a one hour repair in the worse case scenario.

Did you ever "bottom out" and tighten the mixture screw? Hopefully not, try anywhere from 2 to 4 complete 360 degree turns out from lightly seated.

Robert M. Pursig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement