Sales people piss me off! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Sales people piss me off!

I pull a 29ft 5th wheel camper and a 16ft utility trailer tandem when my wife and I go away for a weekend of riding. I don't mind pulling tandem. I also pull our boat tandem with the 5th wheel as well.

We decided that we would like to get a toy hauler. We shopped around and we found one that suits our needs. It's a brand new 2008 Raptor, 39', and we had made up our minds to buy it, the only thing left to do was the paperwork.

Yesterday I got home from work and the finance dept at the dealer called to say he "had some numbers" and for me to give him a call. I was busy yesterday, and decided that I would call him after work today. Well, this morning at 9, my boss comes to me and says this RV dealer called asking for you. I apologized, I had no idea the salesman would call my place of employment! And then at 10am, one hour later, my boss comes to me again. That fucking salesman called again! My boss said he could tell by the look on my face that I was pissed when he gave me the first message. But this second one put me over the edge.

I got home and called the salesman. He answered the phone and I said, "This is Gil Miller."

He said, "Gil Miller?"

I said, "Yes, the guy you called at work today, twice."

He says, "Oh yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that."

I said, "No you shouldn't have. You just lost a sale."

And hung up.

What the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I was going to spend $37K and he calls me at work? WTF?

Anyway, that's my rant. I know it's irrelevent, but I needed to vent.

Thanks,
Gil

2008 700, totally stock with a few things added here and there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Founding Ninja

LOL... you let him off easy... should have lead him along a little then not bought it!

POOP????
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Wide F'n Open

He must be a rookie or desperate to keep you on the hook. Ive been in sales for myself for over 18yrs and I dont call anyone and chase them down. If there interested they can call me. If not oh well, NEXT.

2nd place is the first loser!!

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 10:32 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I totally agree that he/she should not be calling you at work, however, in my case if I were buying a brand new 39' Raptor for $37K I think I would have let it slide, lol.

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 PM
1/2 Throttle

I not sure where you live but, in fresno there is some killer deals on toy haulers. There is a place called Toyhauler liqiudators. The sell bank repos at killer prices. Six months ago I bought a 2008 slc3905 weekend warrior for 30,000. Also the is a dealership in clovis going out of business. The are selling toyhaulers below dealer cost right now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:12 AM
Wide F'n Open

Thats the buisness Im in I deal with repo toyhaulers and Rvs. I can get you a great deal on them.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
Thats the buisness Im in I deal with repo toyhaulers and Rvs. I can get you a great deal on them.

looking for a 2008 ww cr 37' or 39' any help
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Wide F'n Open

Call my cell 602 647 1969
Todd

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Wide F'n Open

I haven't bought a travel trailer, however when I bought my new truck I got lucky with my dealership. The salesman I had was great, he would contact me once a month per our agreement until I got the truck. At the time I was waiting for my re-enlistment bonus from the military and didn't really know within the 5 months when I would receive it. So we kept in touch with each other, and finally when my bonus came in I called and setup an appointment to come in and pickup the truck and sign papers. Even when I was at the dealership none of the salesmen there were pushy, they allowed me my space but at the same time stuck around close by to assist with questions.

There should be no reason for a salesman to call your place of work, that is unless you give them permission to do so, which most people have cell phones now, so I don't understand why he would call your place of work, not only is that wrong, but the rest of your co-workers probably don't need to know that your going to be spending a bunch of money on something. Especially your boss, that usually tells them or gives them the feeling that maybe I'm paying my employees too much money. Or that's how it is where I work anyhow, after I got my new truck that's what my commander and first sergeant said, "oh I guess we pay you too much". Well Fuck you I'm sorry but I've worked hard my whole life to earn that new truck, and I hate to say this but I sure as hell didn't buy it from drill pay, I saved my money from deployment to get that truck, I just waited for my bonus to come in so I could put the money back into my savings.

So I agree with you I wouldn't do business with them. and sorry about the foul language, but sometimes it really gets a point across.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement