Diesel smog 2010 - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Diesel smog 2010

I am so relieved I don't have to do any of my work trucks only my wifes f250 ..for those that have mod's get ready for a wake up call and the CHP is now on the look out for smoke and CARB stickers for add ons ... if you have some thing like a air intake or a cat back exhaust and need a carb stick let me know I will see if I can get one for you that will work....so if your diesel is under 15000 gvwr and 96 or newer you have to smog

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Wide F'n Open

Yo Terry will I have to smog my dually its a 2002 7.3 It was bought in Florida new. It has no smog at all on it. It never did from new. I do have a turbo back exhaust. and a tymar air intake on it.

My drinking team has a racing problem
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Wide F'n Open

Hey guys dont worry about the smog test if they want to check for smoke. In Az they check our smoke output but the way to beat that is to run your truck almost empty then go and fill up with the bio diesel soybean stuff and you will blow 0 particulates of carbon since plants have no carbon. My friends 7.3 blew zero and they thought the machine was broke. As far as any jackass CHP looking under the hood of my truck he better have a warrant.

2nd place is the first loser!!

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtravel View Post
Yo Terry will I have to smog my dually its a 2002 7.3 It was bought in Florida new. It has no smog at all on it. It never did from new. I do have a turbo back exhaust. and a tymar air intake on it.
yes you will have to smog it ...if your have a turbo back they removed the partikalet(spell)cat filter not good the air filter i dont know did it replace the stock air box?

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
Hey guys dont worry about the smog test if they want to check for smoke. In Az they check our smoke output but the way to beat that is to run your truck almost empty then go and fill up with the bio diesel soybean stuff and you will blow 0 particulates of carbon since plants have no carbon. My friends 7.3 blew zero and they thought the machine was broke. As far as any jackass CHP looking under the hood of my truck he better have a warrant.
AZ and NV smoke laws are way diferant this is CA and every one knows how fucked our laws are.....if the over 15000 gvwr passed all you off road toys would have to be smoged to run in CA ..as for a warrant to look under the hood be carefull we get rice burners in for a 30 day hold for air intakes the could drive away with a fixit tickit but give the offcer attitud so the impound the car for 30 days 1600 coins and must be towed out to get repairs its not a good thing

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement