Check this out! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Check this out!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...terheater.html

dont mess with the water heater!! lol

Cant we all get along? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

The pic of that house is messed up!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm link does not work?

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Hmmm link does not work?
Home's water heater explodes, hurtles 135 yards

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Home's water heater explodes, hurtles 135 yards
72 commentsby Thomas Demane and Matt Culbertson - Aug. 14, 2008 12:09 PM
12 News and azcentral.com
A water heater that apparently had its pressure valve shut exploded and hurtled 135 yards Thursday morning, causing “catastrophic damage” to the Phoenix home, authorities said.

No injuries were reported, and the house's sole occupant was unharmed.

At about 5:40 a.m., the water heater was blown out of a garage near Thunderbird Road and 38th Street. The damaged home will most likely have to be torn down, authorities said.
It appeared that the homeowner and the man renting the house had been trying to fix the water heater, which may have contributed to the heater being launched across Thunderbird Road and landing near a bus stop, Phoenix Fire Captain Sam Richardson said.

The man inside the home had been renting the house for only about 12 days. Dental equipment he had in the home was damaged; the cost of the damage may be in tens of thousands of dollars, Richardson said.

Foul play was ruled out, and the incident appeared to be accidental, he said. However, due to the destructive nature of the blast — which also caused minor damage to several nearby homes — the Phoenix police Bomb Squad and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were on the scene as investigators worked to find what caused the explosion. Richardson said the aftermath of the explosion left the house “leaning” to one side.

Jake Brown was sleeping in his room across the street from the house when the explosion occurred.

“All I heard was a big boom and my window shattering,” said Brown, 16. “It shook the whole house.”

Brown said he originally thought a car had crashed into his house. He added that if he had not had his window blinds, the shattered glass might have hit him.

The man inside the home said the explosion “felt like an earthquake,” according to Richardson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PHP48A483525C403.jpg (30.1 KB, 18 views)

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
CommanderTalk.com

DAMN....time to take the water heater out of the house!!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Wide F'n Open

oh my god!! that shits crazy!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

I know its a fucking bomb!! in our garages!!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Imagine if that was a two story house...would have blown right though one of the kids rooms (atleast in my house)

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Wide F'n Open

Unless this is a different house, this is a couple years old. Identical story and true too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement