What I learned on the Dyno Today - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Other UTV Discussions Discuss other UTVs here.
ie, Kawasaki Teryx, Polaris Ranger, Polaris RZR, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

What I learned on the Dyno Today

Very productive day on the dyno. Our 820 kit had peak hp 65hp but it was only on 2 passes and after a kinda of strange test. Were we had the bung for the AFR reading was giving us some false readings and after moving it we found we were pretty spot on on our jetting and our real hp number is 62hp. We tested the ALBA plenum today and our motor did not like it, but this led to a test the taught us that there is hp to be made in the plenum. We removed the plenum completely and ran the car just with the intake boots from the carb to the plenum on and it gained 2.5 to 2.8 hp without a plenum at all. So we believe (an I beleive DASA has seen something like this too because they are working on plenums as we speak) with the correct size opening and the proper cubic area we can build more hp in the plenum area. We are still just a hair on the rich side but I will leave it that way for the dune run this weekend and get back to dyno tuning next week when I get back.

See you in the dunes!

Unleashed UTV
5838 N. 19th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85015
602-246-4011
www.unleashedutv.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 AM

thanks for the update
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
1/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed UTV View Post
Very productive day on the dyno. Our 820 kit had peak hp 65hp but it was only on 2 passes and after a kinda of strange test. Were we had the bung for the AFR reading was giving us some false readings and after moving it we found we were pretty spot on on our jetting and our real hp number is 62hp. We tested the ALBA plenum today and our motor did not like it, but this led to a test the taught us that there is hp to be made in the plenum. We removed the plenum completely and ran the car just with the intake boots from the carb to the plenum on and it gained 2.5 to 2.8 hp without a plenum at all. So we believe (an I beleive DASA has seen something like this too because they are working on plenums as we speak) with the correct size opening and the proper cubic area we can build more hp in the plenum area. We are still just a hair on the rich side but I will leave it that way for the dune run this weekend and get back to dyno tuning next week when I get back.

See you in the dunes!

Was this the green one @ HPR

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Wide F'n Open

Hey greg did you buy chance test each cylinder individually. I know some intakes were having reversion problems at high rpms. So the intake is very critical in its design.

2nd place is the first loser!!

Were a whole lot faster than you think you are.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock View Post
Hey greg did you buy chance test each cylinder individually. I know some intakes were having reversion problems at high rpms. So the intake is very critical in its design.
No we will start that in about a week when I get it back and get cables built for the FCR's then it can go back to the dyno and we can get down to the nitty gritty with plenums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pest View Post
Was this the green one @ HPR
Yes!

Unleashed UTV
5838 N. 19th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85015
602-246-4011
www.unleashedutv.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement