Why Rhino? - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Other UTV Discussions Discuss other UTVs here.
ie, Kawasaki Teryx, Polaris Ranger, Polaris RZR, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Why Rhino?

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of purchasing a Side-by-Side but I'm still undecided on which model is the best. I really like the Rhino but how do I know it's the best UTV? Is there a web site that provides side by side comparison's, between two models, other than yamaha.com?

I want to know why is Rhino better than Ranger or Prowler? What is good and bad about Rhino? What are the most common problems for Rhino?

If you can help me out, that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Founding Ninja

Alot depends on what you are going to do with the UTV.

The Ranger is one heavy duty work truck. but you sit in it like a shcool bus.

the small prowler is chincy and weak. cage is terrible looking, few accessories available.

the rhino is built well, just needs some power ( if high speed is for you). great size for two peeps, tows things well. rhino has about the most accesories available of all SxS's also.

Teryx has great stock power, (750 v-twin) little larger than RHino, factory cage is the weakest IMO of them all.

Ranger RZR is lite and nimble ( 760 parallel Twin engine). small and manueverable

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 AM
1/4 Throttle

Help us out a little

What type of riding do you do
Where do you ride
Do you want to have a 4 seater
will you haul anything

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

The Rhino is bullet proof, My Rhino will run for ever and i beat the living hell out of it. After this last weekend I cant believe it is still running flawless. The Rzr I landed on is worked. I got three scratches on the Rhino thats it.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
BYC Motorsports
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
The Rzr I landed on is worked. I got three scratches on the Rhino thats it.
Say Whaaaat?
Whats the story with that Ricky???

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM

some guy let off on a down hill, I tried to jump over him and ended up landing on him. I had to put it in 4 locker to back off of the RZr. The guy wants me to pay for the plastics, Andrew is going to fix the rest.

BYC Motorsports
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle

Thanks for the reply guys...

I plan to do alot with it. I'm not very interested in speed, although, who doesn't like speed ;-). I'm more interested in reliability and toughness. I'm going to put this bike through hell. Getting fire wood, going hunting and fishing, plowing snow. I'm also going to purchase tracks for winter trails and ice fishing.

I just want to make sure my choice in a Rhino is the right one. So I'm looking for Benifits and Risks of each model, so that I can make my decision. At this point, Rhino is my choice.

What are some of the bad experiences you've had with your Rhino's? What are the best features you enjoy with you Rhino? Do you know anyone with a Ranger or Prowler and if so, what observations did you observe with these models that you liked or disliked?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 AM

The rhino has won "Most Versatile UTV" for pretty much every year in the magazine shootouts....it does everything very well.......they're are other models that do certain things better, IE.. Rzr S is better for strictly playing, Ranger is better for strictly working around the farm. IMHO nothing beats the rhino for a do everything machine, the size is perfect, power is very good as long as you dont go to olds or comp hill then youll def. be left wanting more, seems that sand is the only place where the power issue becomes a big deal...
and if you want to see how good they do with tracks in the snow, watch RHINO MAYHEM 1 there a section in the video where a guy(Sean?) from back east is getting busy with one...(Blake the producer of it, is on here, under utvmayhem)

On another note...Ricky you better change the cats name from puss to super puss so you can leap tall utvs in a single bound!!!

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
some guy let off on a down hill, I tried to jump over him and ended up landing on him. I had to put it in 4 locker to back off of the RZr. The guy wants me to pay for the plastics, Andrew is going to fix the rest.
mark told me he stoped in the bottom of a bowl and you ran in the back of him because you couldnt stop because the hill was to steep???

so there was a jump involved??

Cant we all get along? lol
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 09:37 AM

I saw him going pretty slow, Mark passed him and I was right behind Mark. So i followed Marks line to pass the guy and he lets off just after he went over the hill. I was already commited so i gased it and was trying to clear him or at least jump pass him down the hill. Then the Rzs pretty much turned / skids in front of me and almost stops. I tried to hit my brakes when I relized i wasnt gonna make it over him. I was on a steep down hill by now and the brakes didnt work because I was in the air or just not enough distance, it happened pretty fast and i ended up on top of his driver rear fender with my front tire locked into his shock tower and wheel and frame and plastic. I was trying to hit my brakes but after i landed on him it didnt matter anymore. I should of braked sooner. I had to put it in 4 locker to back off of the Rzr, I wanted a camera but he was bummed and I felt bad so I offered to pay for the plastics. I had paint from his roll cage on my skid plates in the front and couple scratches. My buddies cleaned it up before Susan saw it.

BYC Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement